Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of September 2021 Travel and Covid info...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

User Info Menu

End of September 2021 Travel and Covid info...

The situation has been changing rapidly in Negril during the past couple weeks. The Covid rate has been decreasing and vaccinations have gone up.

These factors helped the government remove the 3 day lockdown. There is still a lockdown on Sundays, although not exactly sure why.

The rate of positive infections is currently in the 30% range, down from the near 50% range at the beginning of the month. The numbers in the parish of Westmoreland (where most of Negril is located) have been dropping substantially.

The vaccination rate is currently 25 per 100 people, up from 9 at the beginning of the month. They don't list the parish but seeing how the vaccination spots are packed everyday, I would hazzard to guess that the rate in Westmoreland is greater than 25.

Since the 3 day lockdowns are over and Negril is becoming Negril again, I would like to let those who are planning to come down that Negril is Negril again, minus the large gatherings. In public you will be expected to wear a mask and sanitizing stations are everywhere.

Many stores and businesses may take your temperature and businesses are open!

While the infection rate is dropping, it is still high enough to be fully vaccinated to insure that you stay safe.

For those wondering, the Resilient Corridor has been doing an incredible job, while the island wide infection rate in currently near 30%, the Corridor rate is currently less than 2%. The likelihood of a fully vaccinated visitor catching Covid in Jamaica is almost non-existent, I would still recommend getting travel insurance with Medi Vac (that they pay for your expenses immediately) should you get one of these "breakthrough" cases.

Things are still Covid influenced, curfew at 8pm M-F, 6pm Saturday, Lockdown Sunday. No night time reggae concerts and a whole lot less visitors. But Negril is still Negril, just earlier.

So if you are vaxxed then bring your mask and come on down, we need your support! If you can't come down, you can still contribute to the project to help small businesses at https://Negrilstore.com
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: End of September 2021 Travel and Covid info...

A small contingent of the One Love Brigade are coming mid December. No container full of bikes and stuff. But we have plans to help as much as possible.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update. My plans are still on for a November visit.

User Info Menu

See you in November!

User Info Menu

A very long 67 days until our next visit. So happy things are currently trending the right way!!

User Info Menu

57 days . Nov 26 th white sands

User Info Menu

I appreciate you taking the time to keeping us boardies updated Rob. Thanks.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

We miss Couples Swept Away! Incredible Resort! We can't wait to visit there again.

User Info Menu

We booked a week in Dec. a couple weeks ago. We were debating going not so much because of COVID but other things going on. We were considering just donating what we normally spend on a trip to the tee shirt site. What changed our mind was our trip in Feb. Seeing the people and the look on their face when we entered their place of business. They expressed time and again that seeing us gave them so much hope for the future. We decided that we can give much more than our money by going.

User Info Menu

Bucky,
    I like your attitude. PM me for my mobile #. Face time me from Sunnyside with Maureen's beautiful smile and I'll by the first 5 rounds via Venmo!
    If I can't get there yet, I might as well live vicariously!