The situation has been changing rapidly in Negril during the past couple weeks. The Covid rate has been decreasing and vaccinations have gone up.

These factors helped the government remove the 3 day lockdown. There is still a lockdown on Sundays, although not exactly sure why.

The rate of positive infections is currently in the 30% range, down from the near 50% range at the beginning of the month. The numbers in the parish of Westmoreland (where most of Negril is located) have been dropping substantially.

The vaccination rate is currently 25 per 100 people, up from 9 at the beginning of the month. They don't list the parish but seeing how the vaccination spots are packed everyday, I would hazzard to guess that the rate in Westmoreland is greater than 25.

Since the 3 day lockdowns are over and Negril is becoming Negril again, I would like to let those who are planning to come down that Negril is Negril again, minus the large gatherings. In public you will be expected to wear a mask and sanitizing stations are everywhere.

Many stores and businesses may take your temperature and businesses are open!

While the infection rate is dropping, it is still high enough to be fully vaccinated to insure that you stay safe.

For those wondering, the Resilient Corridor has been doing an incredible job, while the island wide infection rate in currently near 30%, the Corridor rate is currently less than 2%. The likelihood of a fully vaccinated visitor catching Covid in Jamaica is almost non-existent, I would still recommend getting travel insurance with Medi Vac (that they pay for your expenses immediately) should you get one of these "breakthrough" cases.

Things are still Covid influenced, curfew at 8pm M-F, 6pm Saturday, Lockdown Sunday. No night time reggae concerts and a whole lot less visitors. But Negril is still Negril, just earlier.

So if you are vaxxed then bring your mask and come on down, we need your support! If you can't come down, you can still contribute to the project to help small businesses at https://Negrilstore.com