Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril Trip Questions

User Info Menu

Cool Negril Trip Questions

Hello Everyone! I have been a long time reader, first time poster. Thank you for having me!

My husband and I are thinking of a trip to Negril in November to celebrate my 40th birthday! This will be our 10th trip to Jamaica and 2nd trip to Negril. The last trip we took was Sept 2019 to Couples Swept away.

We are considering Couples Negril for this trip. We have been to the other 3 Jamaican Couples resorts. That being said I am seeing great deals for other resorts that are typically out of our price range like Sandals Negril (currently same price as CN). Has anyone been to both resorts that can compare?

My husband LOVES to snorkel and can do it all day. We are considering a private trip to Booby Cay. Is it open now? any suggestions on a good captain/vendor for this trip? Any other good snorkel spot suggestions are appreciated. There was not much to see from shore when we were at CSA.

We will want to stock up on a few things like Magnum, Rum cream, Red Strip light Sorrel, walkerswood firestick hot sauce and other seasonings. Where is the best place to purchase these items? We plan on visiting Time Square.

Thank you! MMM

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Trip Questions

Well I don't know much about Couples vs Sandals (Sorry, I'm more a boutique hotel guy.. lol) but for your other questions...

1) Don't know if Booby Cay is open yet (I'm sure Rob/Lisa have the answer) but I'd highly recommend Capt Moses (18764041558 best using WhatsApp for that number) for a snorkel/booby cay lobster trip (if that's open). Also, there's good snorkeling off the cliffs if you take a boat ride in that direction too.

2) As for your supplies, it's easiest to stop at the Mega Mart in MoBay with your driver after you leave the airport (pretty much will have all that you need in one spot, Jamaica's version of Cosco..lol and Times Square doesn't have much to offer in terms of food/drink) . If you can't get your driver to stop in MoBay, you can always hit the HiLo in Negril for your supplies (It's smaller and has less selection than the Mega Mart but should have most of your needs).
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 10-13-2021 at 01:36 PM.

User Info Menu

couples Negril i believe is not on the main part of the 7 mile beach . we prefer swept away over sandals but you would enjoy either. the items you mentioned can be purchased at mega mart but staying at an all inclusive i dont believe you would need all that .

User Info Menu

Times Square store number 10, Adrian's, will have what you need.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    Times Square store number 10, Adrian's, will have what you need.
    This is the info I am looking for! Thank you.

User Info Menu

Thank you for your info. The items listed will be returning to Canada with us. We stayed at CSA on our last trip, not sure if we would stay again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Well I don't know much about Couples vs Sandals (Sorry, I'm more a boutique hotel guy.. lol) but for your other questions...

1) Don't know if Booby Cay is open yet (I'm sure Rob/Lisa have the answer) but I'd highly recommend Capt Moses (18764041558 best using WhatsApp for that number) for a snorkel/booby cay lobster trip (if that's open). Also, there's good snorkeling off the cliffs if you take a boat ride in that direction too.

2) As for your supplies, it's easiest to stop at the Mega Mart in MoBay with your driver after you leave the airport (pretty much will have all that you need in one spot, Jamaica's version of Cosco..lol and Times Square doesn't have much to offer in terms of food/drink) . If you can't get your driver to stop in MoBay, you can always hit the HiLo in Negril for your supplies (It's smaller and has less selection than the Mega Mart but should have most of your needs).
    I will contact Moses. Thank you!

User Info Menu

How come to didn’t use the 2 daily snorkel trips out to the reef that CSA includes . They hardly ever go to the same spot two days in a row . They cover all the best spots . Sounds like you miss out when you were there ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    How come to didn’t use the 2 daily snorkel trips out to the reef that CSA includes . They hardly ever go to the same spot two days in a row . They cover all the best spots . Sounds like you miss out when you were there ?
    We went snorkelling with the CSA crew many times during our last visit. I was looking for Booby Cay private snorkel trip suggestions.

User Info Menu

We have snorkeled just to the south of booby cay , largest swells I’ve ever swam in . Getting back on the boat was tricky, the boat was going up 10’ while I was going down another 10’ then just the opposite. Roller coaster conditions ! The reef was calmer it was just tricky getting back onto the boat . We go to booby cay every reach , we go for lunch not snorkeling. There are way to many sea urchin around the cay to walk in the water without extreme caution. if the island is open Go for lunch and ask for Kevin to do the lobster . He is the best in all of Negril for grilled lobster and fresh fish. Just ask your local farmer (spell check) at the resort to get you a water taxi .