Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Almost Halfway

User Info Menu

Exclamation ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Almost Halfway

Name:  066.JPG
Views: 444
Size:  97.4 KB
    Name:  065.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  46.2 KB
    Name:  053.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  80.0 KB
    Name:  038.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  45.5 KB
    Name:  028.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  38.5 KB
    Name:  014.JPG
Views: 393
Size:  85.3 KB
    Name:  005.JPG
Views: 436
Size:  96.7 KB
    Name:  068.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  40.6 KB
    Hi boardies!!!

Internet off and on so just now catching up on my reports.

Saturday brought visits from old friends and new (Sprat, Peter and the SUPER sweet Woodymon). I loved having company. Sat night went to Seastar and the buffet was scrumptious and entertainment big fun. Saw lots of boardies there: the Sprats and Woodymon, BrenJaLee, Negriloholic finally after all these yrs, fellow Texans Scott & Janet, Kat and her hubby, the handsome Poolguy, Deb from Moonlight and my neighbor Jackie from Jackie’s on the Reef…Rob gave me a quick hug but was busy and probably met more but the run kicked in so don’t remember…... Said hello to Chris too. Have to say the service there is top notch. Free shuttle was cool and got me back safely.

Sunday was Bonfire at Westender. I highly recommend you check this out if you like chill vibes mon. the food was delicious. Stewart the Chef extraordinaire made Pineapple Rice & Peas, creamed Callaloo, Jasian chicken and Papaya Escovitch Snappa. Mmmmmmmmm. Super good. That night was an orange sliver of a moon and bright Venus. Moonshine on the sea, millions of stars in the sky, crashing waves, mezmorizing bonfire…….bliss. Had planned on Jerk Fest but it’s so hard for me to leave the yaad.

Monday same routine (lol) coffee with Betty, clean house, swim, cook, chill. Ran to town for a bit of bizness including my favorite produce lady up the lane by Juicy Patti plaza and then a nice long swim and blended fruit drink at the bar. Shout out to Keemar. Decided to make a new creation….. “Jasagna” and it took hours but it was soooooo worth it. Calaloo w/veg and scotch bonnet like normal, lasagna noodles, homemade cream sauce, white cheese in layers – OMG it was so goooood. Everyone eating leftovers today. Thanks Stewart for the deep baking pan! Off to snorkel. The weather is perfection.
    Much love
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Awesome pictures!!! That Jasagna looks so good!! Did you use that wonderful New Zealand Mozzarella cheese?? That stuff is soooo good! Don't know exactly when you leave...but hope I can see you before. It looks like the perfect holiday that you are experiencing. Sounds like you love to cook...I'm the same way especially since retiring from nursing. Now, I have the time to really explore new recipes and I am totally loving it! Keep enjoying each precious moment. They seem to just fly by in Jamaica. Ready for your next installment!! LOL

User Info Menu

All of that food looks so delicious, Sweetness!
    That's so great that you met so many boardies at the Seastar and enjoyed the show! Your description of the bonfire at the Westender makes me really want to go there now.
    Do they have a bonfire every Sunday night?
    I've been enjoying all of your updates and I'm grateful that you're taking the time to share these pictures, experiences and stories while your in Jamaica.
    I can't believe it's the half way point already, but that means the glass is still half full! Many more good times to be had!
    Ready for your next installment!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

JASAGNE we want and need THAT jasagne.We love food that looks like that.Come with the specifics of that dish please.That is numero uno on my cooking list.

User Info Menu

OMG! Your Jasagna looks sooooooo YUMMY! Hoping you'll post some of your recipes.

User Info Menu

cant wait sweetness, what wonderful pictures!

User Info Menu

Tic - very simple dish but time consuming......

--1 box of jasagna noodles boiled and laid flat so they don't stick together
    --Shredded block cheese
    --Cream sauce - basic Bechemel which is equal parts of butter and flour and let it cook a few minutes, then add milk (first time I bought cow milk in JA - its same of course) several cups and then you must stir for a long time but magically it turns to thick cream sauce. I added some cream cheese to the sauce but not necessary
    --Calaloo - sautee garlic, onion, carrot, tomato, sweet peppa, scotch bonnet (flesh only no seeds or veins and wash your hands/knife/cutting board well after and don rub your eyes - this flavor is divine so worth the trouble), once cooked add chopped clean calaloo and let it steam together - not too long so it is cooked thru but still al dente.

Layer these ingredients and bake with extra shredded cheese on the top about 20 minutes - not long cuz all ingredients are cooked already.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Can't and don't eat rich food like that jasagna often in JA. Prefer protein, veg and fruit but it was really good for a change of pace.......

YES the bonfire is done every Sunday evening w/food and chill vibes abound....ck it folks you will thank me......big soft loungers by the sea.
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

OMG, that Jasagne looks soooooooooo delicious!
    I want some......you need to teach someone that recipe in JA so we can all come get some Sweetness Jasagne somewhere while we are on the rock! LOL

I WANT some!

Loving your pictures and report Sweetness, so glad you are having a wonderful stay! It sounds perfect!

User Info Menu

How much money would you sat that jasagne cost you?