Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Getting around the Cliff Side

User Info Menu

Getting around the Cliff Side

Hi all - trying to decide if we should stay on the beach or the cliffs when we visit in the spring. We have stayed on the beach in the past and enjoy being able to walk easily to other bars/restaurants. Is there an easy way to get around the restaurants/bars when staying on the cliffside?

It seems to me that we'd have to either walk out along the street (which, in our limited experience can be busy and a bit hectic), or get a ride between places.

I appreciate the input!

User Info Menu

Re: Getting around the Cliff Side

I prefer the cliffs, and my wife the beach. We usually do half & half. Are you staying long enough to do a split stay? It's like getting 2 vacations in one. I agree walking along West End Road isn't as relaxing (or safe) as the beach or the Blvd.

User Info Menu

We stay on the cliffs and consider the walk part of the adventure (kidding of course, we’re quite careful).
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Samsara on the cliffs and Legends on the beach, they have a van to take you from one to the other.

User Info Menu

We like to have a week at each because they are such different areas.
    You must be careful on the West End Road, especially when it's dark. But we have walked it many times. Alternatively, we take a taxi to whatever restaurant or pub we want to go to on the cliffs.
    The cliffs are nice and quiet, which can be a reprieve after a week on the beach.
    Having said that, we often get a taxi to the beach in the morning so we can have a long walk, returning to our cliff hotel for an afternoon around the pool.
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

User Info Menu

Grab a taxi. Last time I was there, it was $2 per person from anywhere on the cliffs to the roundabout