Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Southwest email

User Info Menu

Southwest email

I'm confused. I got this today from Southwest Airlines:

What you need to do
    Before boarding, every Southwest AirlinesĀ® Passenger will need to give us an address where you can be reached once you land in the U.S. Every U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, and immigrant must show all of the documentation below depending on which group you're in:

If you're fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (18 and up)

A negative PCR or antigen test within 3 days (72 hours) before your flight into the U.S. or proof of recovery if you've recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days
    Proof of an approved COVID-19 vaccination1
    If you're not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated against COVID-19 (18 and up)

Provide a negative PCR or antigen test within 1 day (24 hours) before your flight into the U.S. or proof of recovery if you've recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days

Is this saying you don't have to test before returning to the US? As long as you have proof of vaccination?
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Re: Southwest email

If you are not vaccinated your test needs to be 1 day before entering US.

If you are vaccinated the test can be can be 3 days.

Either way you need a negative test, just the amount of days is different

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

User Info Menu

With Southwest, you fill out their attestation document: https://support.southwest.com/Healthdocs/s/

For the covid test results, I know you can show an electronic copy but I am not clear about the vaccination card - can that also be electronic?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    With Southwest, you fill out their attestation document: https://support.southwest.com/Healthdocs/s/

For the covid test results, I know you can show an electronic copy but I am not clear about the vaccination card - can that also be electronic?
    MyChart has a QR code now that you can download that details your COVID vaccinations. Appears to work just like the EU's Green Pass - my SIL will confirm that. There is a free app from the company that makes these QR codes that can read it. Not sure if any airline would have that app - I'll try AA in Dec. In the meantime, a photo of your CDC card should work - or bring the hardcopy...

User Info Menu

PCR test in 24 hours? is that possible?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyMackie View Post
    US only requires Antigen test to return, so not vaccinated you need a negative antigen tested within 1 day of your flight. If vaccinated, then it maybe 3 days before your flight.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyMackie View Post
    Apparently there is a "home kit" for Canadians that give PCR like results in a few hours. It is an RT-LAMP test... whatever that means... but results are similar to PCR and much more accurate than a Antigen test....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!