Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid travel update for Canada - Omicron variant

User Info Menu

Covid travel update for Canada - Omicron variant

The covid travel rules for Canadians entering and exiting Jamaica have NOT changed.

As of Nov.30th...you now have to be fully vaccinated as a Canadian to fly.

Please read thoroughly and provide required information at...
    https://vistjamaica.com.
    A negative antigen test is required for entry into Jamaica. Test results are almost immediate

Covid entry requirements provided below for your return to Canada...
    https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ntering-canada.
    A negative PCR test is required to be taken "within 72 hours of your scheduled flight" to Canada. Test results take 24 to 48 hours.
    Jamaica is well versed in providing these tests and this should cost around $75us each currently.
    Your hotel can help you arrange for testing.

User Info Menu

Re: Covid travel update for Canada - Omicron variant

What options are available if the US begins requiring a PCR test within 24 hours of flight time?? Is there anyone offering the rapid PCR test??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    What options are available if the US begins requiring a PCR test within 24 hours of flight time?? Is there anyone offering the rapid PCR test??
    We'll update as soon as we hear the new requirements for the US, Rumlover. 👍

User Info Menu

Good old (let's go) Brandon will announce his plans to save the USA tomorrow. My vacation ticker is at 26 days. My real ticker won't be able to handle cancelling last minute 2 years in a row. If only he would read the Daily Mail and stop listening to Fauci.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Thanks Bnewb, hopefully that’s coming tomorrow. Just our luck that rules change once again just as we are headed down. Travel stress will melt away as soon as I put my feet in the water! Looking forward to running into you guys.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Politics aside (please, no more), but according to the actual doctors handling the actual cases of this new strain, Omicron spreads easily but has much reduced symptoms. Body aches seem to be the worst.

Viruses have existed millions of years and mutate into a version that allows it to spread but not kill its hosts. Without hosts, the virus would cease to exist. Viruses want to exist.

The flu of 1918 that killed a much larger percentage of the global population than Covid, is now known as the H1N1 virus. We all have probably already had and certainly exposed to to H1N1. Viruses eventually mutate into forms that all them to thrive and spread, but not kill their hosts.

We could be seeing the beginning of this evolution. The global knee jerk reaction is in no way helping South Africa.

I wish those that say that they follow the science would truly follow the science.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Politics aside (please, no more), but according to the actual doctors handling the actual cases of this new strain, Omicron spreads easily but has much reduced symptoms. Body aches seem to be the worst.

Viruses have existed millions of years and mutate into a version that allows it to spread but not kill its hosts. Without hosts, the virus would cease to exist. Viruses want to exist.

The flu of 1918 that killed a much larger percentage of the global population than Covid, is now known as the H1N1 virus. We all have probably already had and certainly exposed to to H1N1. Viruses eventually mutate into forms that all them to thrive and spread, but not kill their hosts.

We could be seeing the beginning of this evolution. The global knee jerk reaction is in no way helping South Africa.

I wish those that say that they follow the science would truly follow the science.
    Sorry Rob. Sometimes, I cant help myself. Mostly because I am taking the time to follow the science and to exercise critical thinking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lax1724 View Post
    Good old (let's go) Brandon will announce his plans to save the USA tomorrow. My vacation ticker is at 26 days. My real ticker won't be able to handle cancelling last minute 2 years in a row. If only he would read the Daily Mail and stop listening to Fauci.
    they did not yet announce that it’s 24 hours prior to the flight to get back into the US. They said the CDC will put out their guidelines but I think it’s still 72 hours?????
    Last edited by deanna; 12-01-2021 at 05:32 PM. Reason: no politics… ooops
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Yes it is going to be within 24 hours by next week. Rob which sites have 24 hour turnaround?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Every Antigen site... some process it while you wait. It can be done at your hotel by many outside medical sources.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!