Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid travel update for USA - Omicron variant

User Info Menu

Covid travel update for USA - Omicron variant

The Covid travel rules for Americans entering Jamaica has not changed.
    The Covid travel rules for exiting Jamaica HAVE changed.

Please read thoroughly and provide required information at...
    https://vistjamaica.com.
    A negative antigen test is required for entry into Jamaica.

Covid entry requirements into the USA now include One Day Antigen testing with negative results before your flight. This Dec.6th, 2021.

Jamaica is well versed in providing these tests and this should cost around $50us each.
    Your hotel can help you arrange for testing.
    Or, you can find testing locations across from Coco La Palm, at IDoc located at the Boardwalk Shopping Village and there's also a testing site located on the sidewalk almost across from the Beach House Villas.
    There are other locations...they're very easy to find.

User Info Menu

Re: Covid travel update for USA - Omicron variant

We have several first timers joining us on this trip. The change for the one day testing is freaking them out. I assured them everything will be okay. lol
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    We have several first timers joining us on this trip. The change for the one day testing is freaking them out. I assured them everything will be okay. lol
    That's fabulous you're bringing first timers!
    They've got no worries as you've told them!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    That's fabulous you're bringing first timers!
    They've got no worries as you've told them!!
    Joining us at White Sands is our daughter and her husband (3rd time for them but first time at a non all inclusive) and two couples (first timers) they are friends with along with one of the couples very young infant. Should be interesting. My wife says she's NOT going to be stuck babysitting on her vacation! LOL
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info!

User Info Menu

So if you have a flight on a Sunday at 3pm....is this an exact 24 hour time period where you need to test at Saturday no later the 3:00 on your covid test? I am the assuming you should test at 1 or 2:00 the previous day (Saturday in this example) to be safe. But what happens if your flight if delayed several hours putting your covid test several hours past the 24 period in this case? We all know flights can get delayed back to the states in the winter. Is the test no longer valid? Am I crazy for asking about this scenario?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    So if you have a flight on a Sunday at 3pm....is this an exact 24 hour time period where you need to test at Saturday no later the 3:00 on your covid test? I am the assuming you should test at 1 or 2:00 the previous day (Saturday in this example) to be safe. But what happens if your flight if delayed several hours putting your covid test several hours past the 24 period in this case? We all know flights can get delayed back to the states in the winter. Is the test no longer valid? Am I crazy for asking about this scenario?
    This page:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

Contains the following:

Why does the Order specify 1 day rather than 24 hours? What is considered 1 day?
    The 1-day period is 1 day before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 1-day time frame instead of 24 hours to provide more flexibility to the air passenger and aircraft operator. By using a 1-day window, test acceptability does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test sample was taken.

For example, if your flight is at 1pm on a Friday, you could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Thursday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    Great Job fearless leaders !

Don’t let them panic about exit testing it’s all very easy...

keep them pointed at the view
    Walk’m to a beer Hut

Count your every blessings where your at .

Great Job bringing the New folks ! It is allways an adventure

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    So if you have a flight on a Sunday at 3pm....is this an exact 24 hour time .... Am I crazy for asking about this scenario?
    Definitely not. But you’ll bee fine with a test on Saturday.
    ( idk hours may vary on Saturday depending on where how your doing )

We tested across the street from CCLP 2 persons 6 minutes..... results 20-30 minutes.

I was all very smooth.

User Info Menu

Fargoman....so what if there is a 3 to 4 day delay total blizzard white out, {60 below wind-chill factor} no travel in Minneapolis? Or Grand Forks, ND, Or Buffalo, New York? Asking for a friend.