Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Covid rules to get into Jamaica

User Info Menu

Covid rules to get into Jamaica

We have reservations for Jan 10. I have had Covid now for 10 days and recovered, but per CDC I can test positive for up to 90 days. How can I get into Jamaica with a "false" positive test? We have had both shots and booster.

User Info Menu

Re: Covid rules to get into Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by claytr View Post
    We have reservations for Jan 10. I have had Covid now for 10 days and recovered, but per CDC I can test positive for up to 90 days. How can I get into Jamaica with a "false" positive test? We have had both shots and booster.
    To enter into Jamaica you're required to have a negative Covid test...all information is provided below...
    https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    To enter into Jamaica you're required to have a negative Covid test...all information is provided below...
    Thanks but my question wasn't answered

User Info Menu

Thanks but my question wasn't answered
    Yes it was

User Info Menu

my 2 cents.. if the test presents as positive for covid ("false" positive or "true" positive) the airlines will not allow you to get on the plane. Also, and more importantly, maybe ask your physician whether or not you can still transmit the virus even though you ARE vaccinated, because that is what really matters. I hope your recovery is smooth and swift and no lingering side effect.

Sincerely

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriello View Post
    my 2 cents.. if the test presents as positive for covid ("false" positive or "true" positive) the airlines will not allow you to get on the plane. Also, and more importantly, maybe ask your physician whether or not you can still transmit the virus even though you ARE vaccinated, because that is what really matters. I hope your recovery is smooth and swift and no lingering side effect.

Sincerely
    after re-reading, you ARE recovered for 10 days... so maybe still check with a physician but maybe take multiple tests within the window to feel confident that you do not have a "false" positive test. but for a 90 day period, if you have the chance to test positive, you may also have a concern returning as well... once again my 2 pennies...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriello View Post
    after re-reading, you ARE recovered for 10 days... so maybe still check with a physician but maybe take multiple tests within the window to feel confident that you do not have a "false" positive test. but for a 90 day period, if you have the chance to test positive, you may also have a concern returning as well... once again my 2 pennies...
    I had to get another test yesterday and this is what the medical doctor told me for many that are in my situation. If you had Covid within 90 days you will test positive with a PCR test period. So we need to get a rapid antigen test before travelling to Jamaica which tests for an "active" virus. Hope this helps other travellers.

User Info Menu

claytr...last year several people that I was going to Jamaica with tested positive one month before we were scheduled to go, including myself. We were told the same thing about the PCR test that was being done at the time so I was thinking it was a no go. They couldn't secure a negative test and couldn't go but for some reason I did. Hopefully with the rapid test you will be good to go!

User Info Menu

so the rapid antigen test is accepted for entry? I am in a very similar situation and not sure what to do

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rn71klp22 View Post
    so the rapid antigen test is accepted for entry? I am in a very similar situation and not sure what to do
    Yes, a negative antigen test is accepted for entry into Jamaica.

Information & current protocols provided in the link below...