Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should We Go, or Should We Stay?

User Info Menu

Re: Should We Go, or Should We Stay?

We are scheduled 1/10-1/28 and are going! After getting canceled last year we will never get last year back. If you are vaccinated there is nothing to worry about.

User Info Menu

Go and enjoy! Life is short. Have fun! We visited Negril in August and had a blast!! The China *virus* did not put a damper on out time in Paradise. Can't wait to go back

User Info Menu

We also visited in August when curfew was 7 or 8 pm (i don't really remember because it seems like years ago already.) If you are vaxed (& boosted now), wear your mask and mind your distance the locals do a great job with temp checks, number limits etc. We mostly chilled at the pool until cocktails and dinner. The beach is also wide open (like the 80's). We took a deep breath and proceeded with our trip just as the island was beginning to get the vaccine. We had a great time and got to see all our friends. Take care and you can too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by claytr View Post
    If you are vaccinated there is nothing to worry about.
    That statement is dangerous misinformation. It's simply not true,

And remember, the country you are going to has a very low vaccination rates, so following required protocols i still absolutely essential.

User Info Menu

We are scheduled for 1/12 - 1/28 and still on the fence. We are planning to make the decision early next week, based on the numbers in Negril. We have begun "quarantining" here at home in Illinois, changed our NYE plans to stay at home. (The concert we were planning to go to got cancelled anyway) . We are vaxed and boosted, and we are planning to be very careful the next 2 weeks so that we can go. But, if the numbers are shooting up in Negril, we may again postpone.

And thanks to everyone for sharing the different perspectives.

User Info Menu

I was in Negril for 11 days in November and December. The only time I was around people info was the airport and plane , which people were masked up. Once in Negril I had plenty of space to myself. I will be back feb 4 th in Negril then out to Zimbali . Do what you feel in your heart . Negril is alive again. I hope your family stays healthy against this nasty virus.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaherring View Post
    Go and enjoy! Life is short. Have fun! We visited Negril in August and had a blast!! The China *virus* did not put a damper on out time in Paradise. Can't wait to go back
    The proper term is COVID-19. The term you used to refer to the virus is racist and extremely offensive.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePachenas View Post
    The proper term is COVID-19. The term you used to refer to the virus is racist and extremely offensive.
    I think the word that you are thinking of xenophobic.

China is a country, not a race. Many races make up the billions of people in China.

If it was called the US flu, which race would that be?

It can be considered offensive even though historically flus have been named for the country of origin, Spanish flu, Hong Kong flu and the Plague of Justinian named after an actual person. There are also the Russian, Italian, Mexican, Naples plagues that were more localized. Patient Zero for Covid was from China, specifically Wuhan.

Offensive, yes, quite probably but not without precedent. Racist? Nope, but most definitely xenophobic in the woke age of the 2020's...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

No words. Just facts
    Name:  Jamaica date Dce 29.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  95.2 KB

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarieD View Post
    No words. Just facts
    Name:  Jamaica date Dce 29.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  95.2 KB
    Without an equal comparison of the Canadian new cases and deaths, the facts seem to be "cherry picked" for lack of a better term. We have only been given one side of the facts.

If the vaccination rate is an important figure, why is Canada suggesting no non essential travel to anywhere? And reinstituting more business limitations?

Why is Pfizer saying that triple vaccination will not prevent Omicron? And of course wants everyone to get a 4th jab.

A wise man once said there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Words for thought....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!