Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril Beer Survey of 2021

User Info Menu

Negril Beer Survey of 2021

Everyone frequently wants to know who has the coldest beer in Negril. Is it Red Dragon, Collettes, Sunnyside, some other bar/restaurant? We, the unofficial Negril Beer Survey Crew for 2021, aimed to find out. Nuts4travel compiled the statistics and prepared the spread sheet, Mi Lady shopped, designed and bought the hats, and I procured the liquid thermometer and calibrated it.

We decided to begin our quest the Monday before Christmas - not the best timing perhaps due to a shortage of Red Stripe and the uncertainty of the times. But we had to begin somewhere.

We were also limited in scope by our inability to drink mass quantities of beer in any one day. However, as anyone who knows us, we are seasoned and established beer drinkers with many years of experience.

The survey has been conducted over a period of 8 days (so far) and occurs at various times during the day. None of the establishments were notified of our pending arrival or were given time to improve results and the process was completely random.

The progress on the beer survey will be posted as time and internet access allows and the results will be announced sometime after the new year.

So stay tuned……..
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Beer Survey of 2021

This is one survey I need to know the results from. Unfortunately I know some contenders for the warmest beer around.

User Info Menu

LMAO at the thermometer!!

User Info Menu

Cold beer aside, we just about had a major crisis on our hands here in Negril. Went to the HiLo on Thursday to buy a case of beer, they said they were rationing it, only 2 six packs per person. OMG what are we to do if Jamaica runs out of Red Stripe. Might as well go back to Winnipeg and brave the -30'C weather if we can have an icy cold Red Stripe. Crisis averted though, just relax! HiLo got a delivery yesterday.

User Info Menu

The Police Station used to have the coldest beer in Negril.
    Last time I checked was 2008.

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

My vote goes to
    Sun Beach coldest beer on the neach
    Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    Everyone frequently wants to know who has the coldest beer in Negril. Is it Red Dragon, Collettes, Sunnyside, some other bar/restaurant? We, the unofficial Negril Beer Survey Crew for 2021, aimed to find out. Nuts4travel compiled the statistics and prepared the spread sheet, Mi Lady shopped, designed and bought the hats, and I procured the liquid thermometer and calibrated it.

We decided to begin our quest the Monday before Christmas - not the best timing perhaps due to a shortage of Red Stripe and the uncertainty of the times. But we had to begin somewhere.

We were also limited in scope by our inability to drink mass quantities of beer in any one day. However, as anyone who knows us, we are seasoned and established beer drinkers with many years of experience.

The survey has been conducted over a period of 8 days (so far) and occurs at various times during the day. None of the establishments were notified of our pending arrival or were given time to improve results and the process was completely random.

The progress on the beer survey will be posted as time and internet access allows and the results will be announced sometime after the new year.

So stay tuned……..

User Info Menu

Tony's Hut would pull a Red Stripe out of the cooler, and there would be another Red Stripe stuck together, like Siamese twins. All frosted over. This is a great experiment.. Keep up the good work and {now} necessary task. Can't wait for the test results. *For you Canadians, {or other vinyl album enthusiasts} do you remember the great album by Bob & Doug McKenzie "Great White North"? Well, they had a fun game on that album called "Beer Hunter". Here's how it works = You get a six pack of your favorite cold ones, shake one up, and put that one back in the six-pack, and then each participant opens a beer close to your head, and who ever opens the shook up one ,,gets a wet head! and is the winner! {or loser} {or hoser!} . Like Russian Roulette. Oh for fun!?!?!? Still 18 below zero here in Minnesnowta! Have a great quest for that coldest Red Stripe! Now, I can't get that Geddy Lee song out of my head "Take off...to the Great White North!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Tony's Hut would pull a Red Stripe out of the cooler, and there would be another Red Stripe stuck together, like Siamese twins. All frosted over. This is a great experiment.. Keep up the good work and {now} necessary task. Can't wait for the test results. *For you Canadians, {or other vinyl album enthusiasts} do you remember the great album by Bob & Doug McKenzie "Great White North"? Well, they had a fun game on that album called "Beer Hunter". Here's how it works = You get a six pack of your favorite cold ones, shake one up, and put that one back in the six-pack, and then each participant opens a beer close to your head, and who ever opens the shook up one ,,gets a wet head! and is the winner! {or loser} {or hoser!} . Like Russian Roulette. Oh for fun!?!?!? Still 18 below zero here in Minnesnowta! Have a great quest for that coldest Red Stripe! Now, I can't get that Geddy Lee song out of my head "Take off...to the Great White North!"
    Actually, I little tid bit of information, Milton that used to work at Toney's Hut is now at Sun Beach

User Info Menu

Tony at Tony Montanas next to the Jungle had the coldest until he got his new cooler still ice cold but not frosted over Delroy at Rondel village keeps them extra cold too...Red Stripe shortage should ease up now that a lot of Jamaicans who hoarded cases cashed them in for their own Christmas savings plan....Hedonism had a hard time getting co2 for teis tap system and were using canned Red Stripe instead

User Info Menu

Weathermon and Mi Lady and Crew,

I appreciate the sacrifice that you all are enduring. I know how difficult it is to have to "work" while you should be on vacation. My heart goes out to all of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Johio