Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: safe Negril

User Info Menu

u seet northcoast.

i'm in Miami beach; it's December and i'm in shorts and flipflops, i can open a coconut from palm trees right outside my door, the sun is shining, fresh sea breeze a blow, the pool is sparkling, and i can walk around at any hour, day or middle of the night and not worry bout a thing. it's INFINETLY preferable, and WAY more 'safe' than say, NYC or Philly - or i daresay, even negril at this point. i just don't get these dopey polls at all; i think they're especially misleading when it's only opinions of a select few travelers from one specific country - to me this indicates nothing of value for travelers; all it does is put false senses of relative danger/safety into their minds.
    Last edited by MissBlue; 12-01-2011 at 12:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissBlue View Post
    u seet northcoast.

i'm in Miami beach; it's December and i'm in shorts and flipflops, i can open a coconut from palm trees right outside my door, the sun is shining, fresh sea breeze a blow, the pool is sparkling, and i can walk around at any hour, day or middle of the night and not worry bout a thing. it's INFINETLY preferable, and WAY more 'safe' than say, NYC or Philly - or i daresay, even negril at this point. i just don't get these dopey polls at all; i think they're especially misleading when it's only opinions of a select few travelers from one specific country - to me this indicates nothing of value for travelers; all it does is put false senses of relative danger/safety into their minds.
    maybe your right but at the moment a large number of UK and an even larger number of EU tourists are under the impression that Negril is safer then parts of Fl

User Info Menu

yes, and that would be my point -- "under the impression" is completely subjective; because this report is only a subjective opinion of and for a very narrow group of people. it serves no purpose to the traveling public at large, as it has no factual value -
    Last edited by MissBlue; 12-01-2011 at 12:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Was this a poll or information based on statistics?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Was this a poll or information based on statistics?
    It was based on the number of reports to police and the number or claims made to travel insurance companies, between 1st Aug 2010 and 1st Aug 2011

User Info Menu

-- but ONLY from the UK.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airportworker View Post
    It was based on the number of reports to police and the number or claims made to travel insurance companies, between 1st Aug 2010 and 1st Aug 2011
    So it is based on facts from the general public and not some poll or subjective thing they came up with.

I've worked and spent a lot of time in the Miami area and think there are a lot safer places to be than Miami. Like Negril!

User Info Menu

yes only from that small country of 63 million people just off the coast of Mainland Europe

User Info Menu

that's not the point. the point is that there are millions of OTHER people in the world who travel from many OTHER countries too - so this one statistical sample cannot be considered valid for the whole world of the traveling public; it's misleading/erroneous to put it forth as if it's 'universally true' -- because it's just a limited subjective sampling.
    Last edited by MissBlue; 12-01-2011 at 01:53 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airportworker View Post
    just fyi Negril has now entered the top 20 in the safest places to visit list, issued by the uk travel industry in contrast Florida has fallen out of top 20 and on to the unsafe places list at number 14
    No where did i say its 'universally true' in the OP I said as highlighted above that its a list issued by the UK travel Industry, the fact i mentioned Florida on board about Negril will not have much effect on the numbers visiting that area,