Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Is SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab = Covid 19 antigen test referred to on visitjamaica

User Info Menu

Is SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab = Covid 19 antigen test referred to on visitjamaica

Is SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab the Covid 19 antigen test referred to on visitajamaica.com
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Is SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab = Covid 19 antigen test referred to on visitjam

No, that seems to be a test for antibodies that cannot really be a basis for testing positive or negative for a current Covid infection.

Just get an antigen test and you are good to go!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Is SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab = Covid 19 antigen test referred to on visitjam

More specifically, Results from antibody tests should not be used to diagnose active SARS-CoV-2 infection or to guide quarantine/isolation/PPE decisions.

User Info Menu

unfortunately there doesn't seem to be Antigen Testing in my area. All google searches pop this antibody testing. I am concerned about my wife. I had this test 3 weeks ago to see if 4th shot would help. My pharmacist said since my antibodies were >2500 I was as good as it gets. SARS-CoV-2 Semi-Quant Total Ab >2500.0 (current result) U/mL (Units) Negative<0.8 (reference interval)
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

Administrator

User Info Menu

You are as good as it gets for fighting Covid, but that doesn't mean that you cannot become infected, just means that you will fight it like Ali.

Be sure to check all CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and even some pharmacy called Pinneys....

Good luck and hope to see you soon!

Administrator

User Info Menu

P.S. I have been finding the Bing search with much more recent, timely search results....

User Info Menu

Also search for private labs. We have been using one near us called Anylabtestnow.com. They do all kinds of testing including 15 minute antigen. Our cost is $89 US each.

User Info Menu

We had some difficulty getting tested too but found that Urgent Care type places in our area worked the best.
    Regards,
    Bob