Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of beer

User Info Menu

Cost of beer

Has anyone recently bought a 24 of red stripe at the chinamans store across from the taxi park or across from the scotia bank? Wondering what the price is this reach. Thanks.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Cost of beer

The cost of Red Stripe is in a super flux right now as supplies are limited due to the supply chain.

The price will be whatever it is that for the next couple weeks anyway....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Most of the time Red Stripe is not available to buy right now.

User Info Menu

Might have to settle for Heineken

Administrator

User Info Menu

Heineken works....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    Most of the time Red Stripe is not available to buy right now.
    Red Stripe in bottles were hard to come by last month ~ luckily, the L&M had cases, cans only ~~

User Info Menu

Bought Crate a week ago at Shoppers Fair in Sav. It about $4100 for the 24 of beer, deposit, and crate. A flat of can beer might be your only choice right now and I have not bought one yet so I can't help with how much that will be. I've had a real problem with skunky beer this trip. More skunky bottles this trip that all 29 years put together. Google says it's about light getting into the bottles during processing and I have yet to have a skunky can of Red Stripe so cans might not be so bad. I don't know what they're doing at Red Stripe but they better get there act together.

User Info Menu

$4560 which includes the $480 deposit for a box of red stripe at the Hilo.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

There seemed to be plenty at the Megamart in Mobay when I was there a month ago.

User Info Menu

I think the crisis is over as Value Master has a display of Red Stripe crates all the way to the ceiling and the shelves are all stocked again. This is just a guess but I think the whole shortage thing was because of a problem getting caps. Red Stripe has changed the cap logo twice in less than 2 months. The cap disks need to come from somewhere as Jamaica wouldn't have the resources to make them here. I think the cap disk shipment got held up some where in the world but things seem to be back to normal now.