Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Flight Cancelations

User Info Menu

Flight Cancelations

Anyone have troubles with flight cancelations to MBJ, or back to the states? With so many flights being canceled here, I'm hesitant to book our February trip. Nothing worse than getting all revved up and then the airline pulls the rug out from under you. Although I wouldn't mind being stuck in JA for an extra few days.

User Info Menu

Re: Flight Cancelations

Our flight was cancelled from Toronto
    for February 15th. Air Transat

User Info Menu

Yup…we were scheduled to fly out of MBJ to Charlotte @5:50pm on Thursday 12/30. We got to the airport around 2:30. The AA clerk started to check us in & said your flight has already been delayed twice & is going to be canceled shortly as the crew is going to “time out”. She could put us on a 6:30 flight to Miami and fly us to Charlotte at ass o’clock the next morning, but wouldn’t be able to put us in first class. AA would pay for our room if we took that flight. Other option would be to fly out Friday direct to Charlotte in first class (we originally paid for first class seats). AA would not reimburse us if we chose to fly out next day. We would have to get another Covid test at our expense. We were able to contact our driver & he turned around and picked us up. Big up to Damion James of Damion Tours! He took us to a drive thru Covid test site in Mobay & got us to a decent hotel. We ended up at Grand A View Hotel. We always keep a change of clothes in our carryon just in case. Luckily we were able to keep our luggage. Total out of pocket $250. for room & 2 Covid tests.

User Info Menu

That is exactly what I'm afraid of. Being retired, my schedule is as flexible as it gets, but my wife is still among the working class, so we don't have a lot of room for error. Several more flights canceled today out of MKE. I'll wait until the chaos subsides.

User Info Menu

Yeah omicron stinks. I was planning on heading down for a short stay in 2 weeks with my son and his girlfriend. So many in our work and social lives are catching it. Between the high positivity rates in New England ( over 25% ) the difficulty of scheduling tests and getting the results in time, and flight cancellations I pulled the plug on the trip yesterday. Despite the allure of being stuck on a tropical island -real world responsibilities wouldn't let me chance it. Postponed until the spring 😞

User Info Menu

Emailed to Mark at Zimbali and he said he was getting a lot of cancellations. I expect other places are as well
    Last edited by Sand gravity; 01-04-2022 at 10:31 PM.

User Info Menu

I was supposed to fly into Mobay Oct. 30..got to Atlanta airport and found out flight cancelled..booked for the next day....flew on American airlines the next morning to Charlotte for connection to Mobay...flight canceled... 60 people in the AA service desk at each of the 3 concourses...called 1-800 number we'll return your call in 3-4 hours...frustrated..flew back to Atlanta as no flights available the next day..my luggage never made it back to Atlanta...rebooked thru Miami in 2 days...the next day, tracking my luggage online, one bag was already in Jamaica the other 2 in Miami...good, going thru Miami tomorrow maybe pick them up...new covid test.... at midnight I get a text, my flight is canceled WTF 15 minutes later another text, rebooked for that same day thru Charlotte.. fly to Charlotte that morning, flight delayed 2 hours finally get to Mobay and went to pick up bag that's been there 2 days already( it had food in it since I had a 7 week stay) and miraculously my 2 other bags had made it in from Miami earlier that day, Coming home Dec. 24, flight tomes changed 3 times and would get back to Atlanta around midnight unacceptable...rebooked thru Miami to get back at 7:30pm...get to the airport, flight delayed and i would miss my connection in Miami... rebooked another flight thru Miami and back in Atlanta by9pm acceptable Going back Jan 12 with a friend we booked so we could meet in Charlotte and have adjoining seats in first class from Charlotte to Mobay...got a text, my flight from Atalnta to Charlotte had been postponed to a later flight but can still make the connection however, they not only gave me a different seat on the first flight but also changed my seat on my flight to Mobay so I'm not sitting next to my friend..called, sorry flight full in first class so we can't move you back....just sucks but every airlines is going thru this with 1000s of cancellations reported every day almost....hope y'all do better irie

Administrator

User Info Menu

Now that is what I call determination and dedication! Wow!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

One flight cancelled at Sangster Int'l yesterday, three cancelled today. Over 110 total flights in and out today. Not a huge problem in Jamaica. Total cancellations within, into, or out of the United States today: 1,838.

https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/today/mbj

User Info Menu

Both direct flights from Chicago to MoBay on American were cancelled today