Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positive covid tests

User Info Menu

Re: Positive covid tests

False positive.....false negative....LOL. Lord have mercy....Yall quit worrying about this silly mess and get on down to Negril and enjoy life! And....Roll Tide!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RoyinNC View Post
    Where were you quarantined? Was this at a hotel/resort? Glad it worked out well! Thanks!
    Thank you --- I'm glad it worked out well also. I was quarantined to the same room I was already staying in at the hotel/resort. My quarantine didn't last 24 hours. Sunday antigen was 10am, Sunday PCR test was noon and results received Monday by 9am.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by claytr View Post
    Actually a false negative is many times more likely than a false positive, do your research.
    This is very true and that's why my positive antigen is still a mystery.

User Info Menu

If you are vaccinated and use proper precautions, I would not be concerned about contracting COVID. Testing positive, on the other hand, is another story. There are stories (more than you’ll hear about) where Americans have tested positive abroad, never exhibited symptoms, and had to quarantine after their vacation. I don’t believe those people are always retested you check the result, and sometime the initial test is considered absolute. I had to cancel a trip to Jamaica due to a false positive test. We will not be traveling abroad until the US cancels their ridiculous testing policy to return home.
    Last edited by RyanP; 01-10-2022 at 03:14 PM.

User Info Menu

"We will not be traveling abroad until the US cancels their ridiculous testing policy to return home.[/QUOTE]"

That's the only thing keeping us from booking. It's easier to stay safe in Negril, with plenty of room to space out (no pun intended), vs NYC.
    Getting stuck there (although a fantasy of mine) won't work well in my life right now.