Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 2021 Negril Beer Survey.....the Final Results

User Info Menu

2021 Negril Beer Survey.....the Final Results

Here are the bars/restaurants we visited on our quest:

Aunty Thrills Corner
    Bar Mystic
    Best In The West
    Blue Skies
    Coco La Palm
    Collette’s Bar
    Connie's Honky Tonk Roadside Pub
    Flag City
    Pee Wees
    Red Dragon Bar (aka Ragabones)
    Sandra’s Place
    Sun Beach
    Sunnyside
    Tony’s Hut
    Treehouse
    Vickitini
    Whoopie’s
    Woodstock

We chose to only divulge the beer temperatures of only the bars with beers below freezing.

Here are the bars with the below freezing beers :

Sunnyside 19.8
    Tony’s Hut 22.6
    Aunty's Thrill Corner 22.8
    Sun Beach 27.1
    Whoopie’s 28.2
    Best In The West 28.8
    Red Dragon 28.9

All tests were done with the same calibrated thermometer. All the results were not obtained on the same day or time of day. There were three of us on the survey crew and we chose to record the coldest beer among the three. We only reported on the test results of Red Stripe bottles.

********************************The WINNER is****************************

SUNNYSIDE BAR

They had by far the coldest beer at the ridiculous temperature of 19.8 F.

Thank you from Nuts4travel, Weathermon and Mi Lady, your 2021 Negril Beer Survey Crew

User Info Menu

Re: 2021 Negril Beer Survey.....the Final Results

Thank you for conducting this very important research study! Your results will enhance the travel experience of many!!

User Info Menu

I've been sitting on pins & needles waiting for the test results, AND woke up this morning AND there it was the final test results! YES!!! Very important work you folks did, Thank you very much! Based on your hard work, we will take this information, and start at the top {Sunnyside} and work our way down the list, plus hitting the ones that didn't make the list. Even if the Red Stripe is a likkle warmer, it's ok. We have some Jamaican friends who like to drink it at room temperature, and that's ok. I don't mind a "hot" RS. So, what a way to start off the day here in Minnesnowta {23 below 0 F.} Cheers to Nuts4travel, Weathermon & Mi Lady ! Thanks again. *Here's an idea??? Someone should do a survey on the best happy hour ?? ....But, then again why limit happy hour to just one hour? Peace everybody!

User Info Menu

Is that a Nobel prize I see in your future? Thank you for your dedication to such important research, it has definitely benefited all of humanity. Well done sir.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamboo View Post
    Is that a Nobel prize I see in your future? Thank you for your dedication to such important research, it has definitely benefited all of humanity. Well done sir.
    The Negril Beer Survey team will be watching the Nobel Prize announcements with heightened interest this year!!! Thanks. WM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    Here are the bars/restaurants we visited on our quest:

Aunty Thrills Corner
    Bar Mystic
    Best In The West
    Blue Skies
    Coco La Palm
    Collette’s Bar
    Connie's Honky Tonk Roadside Pub
    Flag City
    Pee Wees
    Red Dragon Bar (aka Ragabones)
    Sandra’s Place
    Sun Beach
    Sunnyside
    Tony’s Hut
    Treehouse
    Vickitini
    Whoopie’s
    Woodstock

We chose to only divulge the beer temperatures of only the bars with beers below freezing.

Here are the bars with the below freezing beers :

Sunnyside 19.8
    Tony’s Hut 22.6
    Aunty's Thrill Corner 22.8
    Sun Beach 27.1
    Whoopie’s 28.2
    Best In The West 28.8
    Red Dragon 28.9

All tests were done with the same calibrated thermometer. All the results were not obtained on the same day or time of day. There were three of us on the survey crew and we chose to record the coldest beer among the three. We only reported on the test results of Red Stripe bottles.

********************************The WINNER is****************************

SUNNYSIDE BAR

They had by far the coldest beer at the ridiculous temperature of 19.8 F.

Thank you from Nuts4travel, Weathermon and Mi Lady, your 2021 Negril Beer Survey Crew
    In these days of conspiracy theories, big lies, and and science deniers, it is great to see important scientific research being conducted for the betterment of society. I thank you , my wife and family thank you, and all that depend on the restorative properties of Negril Jamaica owe you a debt of gratitude.

We now know the truth ... Where to get the coldest Red Stripe in all Negril !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pberman123 View Post
    In these days of conspiracy theories, big lies, and and science deniers, it is great to see important scientific research being conducted for the betterment of society. I thank you , my wife and family thank you, and all that depend on the restorative properties of Negril Jamaica owe you a debt of gratitude.

We now know the truth ... Where to get the coldest Red Stripe in all Negril !
    The truth is what our goal was and also to dispel the notion that 12 different bars have the coldest beer in Negril. The findings are not that surprising to anyone who has visited most of these establishments. Anyway, it was fun to do. We still go to one of the bars and are told that they keep the beer nice and cold for us. We are all for anything to improve the Negril experience for us and for all.