Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Late 2021 Negril Red Stripe beer prices

User Info Menu

Late 2021 Negril Red Stripe beer prices

December 2021 Red Stripe prices in Negril - compiled by nutz4travel:

Aunty’s Thrill Corner 300 J
    Bar Mystic 300 J
    BITW 4.00 US
    Blue Skies 4.00 US
    CoCoLaPalm 3.00 US
    Connies Honky Tonk 300 J
    Flag City 300 J
    Pee Wees 300 J
    Tony’s Hut 300 J
    Treehouse 4.00 US
    Red Dragon 200 J
    Sandra’s Place 300 J
    Sun Beach 350 J
    Sunnyside 300 J
    Vickitini 300 J
    Whoopies 450 J
    Woodstock 3.00 US

These beer prices were recorded mostly in late December, 2021 and represent what we paid at the time. They are, of course, subject to change. If you were to pay Jamaican dollars at the places listed with US prices, you will pay a varying amount at each place depending upon what exchange rate each uses to convert. Prices were for Red Stripe bottles only.

User Info Menu

Re: Late 2021 Negril Red Stripe beer prices

Thanks for the information. I also look forward to thoroughly double checking your results on the beer temps survey soon. Cheers.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

I stopped at Megamart Saturday in Mobay. No Red Stripe and no lights other then the flavored ones..yikes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I stopped at Megamart Saturday in Mobay. No Red Stripe and no lights other then the flavored ones..yikes
    This has been an ongoing situation since we have been here and before. Lots of reasons given, but it just boils down to finding a Red Stripe is a crap shoot right now. Some bars/restaurants are out of Red Stripe and have resorted to cans. There is one bar that has Heineken only in the baby bottles (250 ml instead of 330). We too stopped at Megamart on December 15 and there was nary a Red Stripe to be found. Even finding Kinsgston 62, the rum repalcement for Appleton Special, has been a challenge. WM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoners6 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I also look forward to thoroughly double checking your results on the beer temps survey soon. Cheers.

I stand by the data that we collected and welcome any future verification of same. WM

User Info Menu

Treehouse and Blue Skies charging $580J for a beer ouch with a capital "O". Might as well go to Rick's if you want to pay that amount.

On a more serious note, Red Stripe had best start getting their act together. It's not just about the beer shortage around the island but what's with the skunky beer. I have had more skunky beer over the last few weeks than all my pervious 29 years put together. Some are just a little skunky and I can choke down if they are really cold, but I have poured many a beer out in the sand. It's not really fair to refuse to pay for it as it's not the bar owners fault, so WTH Red Stripe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    Treehouse and Blue Skies charging $580J for a beer ouch with a capital "O". Might as well go to Rick's if you want to pay that amount. We didn't experience any skunky beers during our testing period.und the island but what's with the skunky beer. I have had more skunky beer over the last few weeks than all my pervious 29 years put together. Some are just a little skunky and I can choke down if they are really cold, but I have poured many a beer out in the sand. It's not really fair to refuse to pay for it as it's not the bar owners fault, so WTH Red Stripe.
    There were no skunky beers reported when we were testing the beers. But, I know they exist and, even if chilled to very cold, some of them are undrinkable for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermon & Mi Lady View Post
    December 2021 Red Stripe prices in Negril - compiled by nutz4travel:

Aunty’s Thrill Corner 300 J
    Bar Mystic 300 J
    BITW 4.00 US
    Blue Skies 4.00 US
    CoCoLaPalm 3.00 US
    Connies Honky Tonk 300 J
    Flag City 300 J
    Pee Wees 300 J
    Tony’s Hut 300 J
    Treehouse 4.00 US
    Red Dragon 200 J
    Sandra’s Place 300 J
    Sun Beach 350 J
    Sunnyside 300 J
    Vickitini 300 J
    Whoopies 450 J
    Woodstock 3.00 US

These beer prices were recorded mostly in late December, 2021 and represent what we paid at the time. They are, of course, subject to change. If you were to pay Jamaican dollars at the places listed with US prices, you will pay a varying amount at each place depending upon what exchange rate each uses to convert. Prices were for Red Stripe bottles only.
    I will be adding to this post as our reach continues, so stay tuned.

The price at Skylark (Lilly's) is $ 5.00 US (the exchange rate is 155/1, so not favorable) for a Red Stripe; at Firefly, during happy hour (12-2 every day, I think) it is $ 2.00 US or 290 J. It is $ 2.50 US, non-happy hour.
    Last edited by Weathermon & Mi Lady; 01-10-2022 at 02:24 PM.

User Info Menu

$4 or even $5 US for a Red Stripe? That is something I hope very few would support with their patronage! I'd hate to see a Negril with Rick's Cafe like prices everywhere.
    Please support businesses with reasonable prices, and paying in Jamaican dollars. Tip generously!!! Better for everyone.