Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: The record shop

User Info Menu

The record shop

Is Anthony still running is shop?

Been a few years since I have been to negril, coming down this year.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: The record shop

Yes he is! At the same place.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Any additional information on where to find this record shop would be much appreciated. I would be very interested in looking at this shop. Thank you in advance!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Phatskipper View Post
    Any additional information on where to find this record shop would be much appreciated. I would be very interested in looking at this shop. Thank you in advance!
    Its, downtown, its called negril Vendors plaza I think. there is a wide alley, by the Scotia bank that cuts through to it. Any cabbie seems to know where it is. Check in advance if he is around, often not. Also its not what you might be hoping, its mostly a million 45's (in rough shape) and he is a good guy and super fun to talk to, but his asking price is pretty brutal on lp's. I bought an old Barrington Levy, some Dawn Penn and John Holt, kinda chalked it up to a donation and something different to do for an afternoon. I will say if you know records, even the uglies play alright sometimes, I got them home cleaned them up and they are nice little "souveneirs" of my trip.

User Info Menu

Oddly enough, I have a 1955 Seeburg HF100R jukebox that rocks the 45s sitting in my dining room; I have the mech cover off in the photo. I really appreciate the info and hopefully I can get off my dead ass and make some effort to check in on that store; unfortunately, this wouldn't be the first time that I had some grand plans washed away by the breezes and waves on the beach. When say "check in advance", what does that mean exactly?
    I am not sure who would know about Anthony's status. Thanks again! Name:  Seeburg 1955 HF100R.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  1,020.5 KB
    Last edited by Phatskipper; 02-04-2022 at 10:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Name:  534427-anthony-able-record-shop-formerly-plazina-records_0.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  1.54 MB

User Info Menu

@Odinson
    Thank you for the picture that contains the phone number! Have a great weekend

User Info Menu

That Sebring is great. You may have a cool opportunity then with Anthony, he will plop a 1000 45s in your lap to peruse. I dig old stereos myself. Early 60s tube amp/preamp an old reel machine and some big old Klipsch speakers.
    Attached Images Attached Images