Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Anyone stay at Vickitini?

User Info Menu

Anyone stay at Vickitini?

Hello all,

Looking forward, as many of you, to visit again after not being able to for 2years!
    Anyone stay at Vickitini ( old Yard House) yet? If so, how was it?
    Also, don’t see it on the approved list of hotels, is that a big deal?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone stay at Vickitini?

Yes, it is a very big deal. Which is why you probably won't get any first hand reviews of the property.

From the JTB website:

Do I have to quarantine when I arrive to Jamaica?
    o Quarantine measures are dependent on the category of the traveller and their vaccination status. If the traveller is a tourist or a Category 2 traveller, meaning the traveller is staying in an approved resort along the resilient corridor, the traveller may enjoy the amenities on property and would be permitted to leave to visit approved attractions and restaurants via JTB licensed transportation. You may
    find a list of these approved attractions, resorts and Transportation Companies under 'Resources' on our website.

What activities can I do if I stay in a private dwelling or other accommodation that is not in the Resilient Corridor?

Your vaccination status as well as your COVID-19 test type used for entry will determine if you are required to quarantine as follows:

Fully vaccinated travelers that present a PCR test for their flight are not required to quarantine on arrival.

Fully vaccinated travelers that present an Antigen test for their flight are required to quarantine for 8 days. They may opt to leave quarantine early by obtaining a negative PCR test result at any time after arrival.

Unvaccinated travelers are required to quarantine for 14 days.

Visitors are free to move around while observing the health and safety protocols after they finished their quarantine period.
    ‐------------------

So with any property not Covid compliant, you could be facing up to a 14 day quarantine.

Pick a Covid compliant property and forget about the hassle...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks. I am fully vaccinated and am getting a PCR test, so it sounds like I do not have to quarantine as long as I stay in the resilient corridor, which is what I plan on doing. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Administrator

User Info Menu

The only ones that matter are the folks at Visitjamaica.com. Ask them directly, they are quick to respond.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!