Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: How long to get Travel Authorization?

User Info Menu

How long to get Travel Authorization?

I went to apply last night and I was 1 day early to apply as you can only apply 7 days before travel. I refreshed my browser after midnight and I could then apply for my arrival on Feb. 7. My application went through as far as I can see. Just wondering how long it usually takes to hear from them? Should I have gotten an application reference # when I applied?
    Last edited by ger; 01-31-2022 at 07:47 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: How long to get Travel Authorization?

Less than 2 hours for me today.

User Info Menu

I reapplied and got a reference #. I received approval within minutes. So if you don't get a reference # after submitting you should reapply. Thanks for the reply Mike.
    Last edited by ger; 01-31-2022 at 08:34 PM.

User Info Menu

good info. applied and received a number but could not print the form yet. it did have me a bit worried when it said i was at high rick but i have a feeling all U.S. visitors are considered high risk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    good info. applied and received a number but could not print the form yet. it did have me a bit worried when it said i was at high rick but i have a feeling all U.S. visitors are considered high risk
    Almost correct Spanky...everyone visiting Jamaica is considered as 'High Risk'.

User Info Menu

I had a problem as well as I got no response. I called and they said use chrome browser so I did and it went thru immediately.

User Info Menu

If you can apply 7 days early then what do you do about your Covid test which is 72 hours before you leave?
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    If you can apply 7 days early then what do you do about your Covid test which is 72 hours before you leave?
    Two separate issues. You have to provide your airline with proof of Negative Test to board a flight to Ja. It’s not attached to your Travel Authorization

From the US it is the 3 Days before your departure, not calculated in hours. I know it’s different in Canada. Hopefully you can get through the truck logjam in Ottawa to the airport
    Last edited by Packrat; 02-10-2022 at 05:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Packrat, thanks for the answer. I still have another week before I can do it but I wondered about the test. The drive to the airport is not near downtown where the majority of truckers are and it will be about 3:45AM so fingers crossed.
    Irie Sue