Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! covid testing questions

User Info Menu

HELP!!! covid testing questions

Hi all,
    I am sure these questions have been answered many times! Forgive me for asking again. I have cancelled 3 trips so far, but I am determined to get back to Negril (APRIL)! What I want to know is, what specific covid test can I take that will get me on the plane in the US, AND into Jamaica? I know there is a 3 day time limit in getting the test and the results of the test. On some tests, the results are 1-2 days, and others are less. i am leaving on a Wednesday. Do i get the test on Sunday or Monday?
    Thanks for your patience in advance!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: HELP!!! covid testing questions

You must get a Travel Authorization from the Jamaican Visitjamaica.com website. Here is what they have on the site at this moment:

STEP 1: Get a Travel Authorization

Apply for a Travel Authorization within 7 days of your travel date at https://travelauth.visitjamaica.com/. To apply, you will need to have your passport and travel plan information ready. The Travel Authorization certificate must be presented at the airline check-in counter.

STEP 2: Get a COVID-19 test

All travelers 12 years or older regardless of vaccination status, must present either a negative Antigen test or a negative molecular (PCR, RNA or NAA) test result taken within 3 days of departure to board a flight to Jamaica. Tests must be conducted by a lab that is accredited by the authorities in that country.

STEP 3: Go to the airport

If you have your Travel Authorization and your negative test result, head to the airport with your other travel documents.

STEP 4: Arrival processing

On arrival in Jamaica, routine health screening and risk assessment will be conducted along with immigration processing.

STEP 5: Enjoy Jamaica

Having cleared processing at the airport, travelers may proceed to their accommodation while observing all applicable protocols.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

Administrator

User Info Menu

If you don't have your Travel Authorization, get it done asap.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    If you don't have your Travel Authorization, get it done asap.
    thanks Rob! i definitely will not forget that! i am not leaving until the end of april. you cant apply for that authorization until 7 days before departure. i appreciate your info!
    i should rephrase my question.
    what covid test are current, past, and future travelers using from UNITED STATES? CVS offers a Rapid diagnostic test(NAAT). Just wondering if this is acceptable.

Administrator

User Info Menu

By the end of April there probably will be no tests required....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ekfa51 View Post
    thanks Rob! i definitely will not forget that! i am not leaving until the end of april. you cant apply for that authorization until 7 days before departure. i appreciate your info!
    i should rephrase my question.
    what covid test are current, past, and future travelers using from UNITED STATES? CVS offers a Rapid diagnostic test(NAAT). Just wondering if this is acceptable.
    CVS or Walgreen offers rapid test and yes I have used them. Our Indiana health dept or a urgent care offers the the PCR we used that in 2020 but it takes longer for results. Just go to CVS or Walgreens we got out results back in email within a few hours in our email. Coming back we took the test across from Coco Lapalm it cost $50 US and also got the results back in email in a few hours.

User Info Menu

Rob, hopeful thinking. thank you!

Celinda, thank you! i appreciate that info!! i will be going to CVS!!!!
    Jamiaca here i come!!! woo hoo!! 73 days!!!

User Info Menu

Rob, hopeful thinking. thank you!

Celinda, thank you! i appreciate that info!! i will be going to CVS!!!!
    Jamiaca here i come!!! woo hoo!! 73 days!!

User Info Menu

I hope there are looser restrictions in April! I’m happy to hear that antigen tests are being accepted at this time for the return to the US. Do we get to swab ourself? I’m waiting to hit the book button!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cleome View Post
    I hope there are looser restrictions in April! I’m happy to hear that antigen tests are being accepted at this time for the return to the US. Do we get to swab ourself? I’m waiting to hit the book button!
    There may be less restrictions coming as soon as the 24th as the hospitalizations keep dropping. We are currently about half of what we were just a couple weeks ago.

And you cannot swab yourself, I had it done recently and I thought it tickled. That was at the outdoor tent facility across from Coco for us$40.