Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!!! covid testing questions

User Info Menu

Re: HELP!!! covid testing questions

Please make an appointment online for your test at CVS or Walgreens to make sure there is availability. Be sure you request a rapid antigen test, you will get results much quicker.
    If there’s no testing required you can easily cancel it.
    The testing site across from CocoLapalm is walk in and easy.
    It was $40pp for a rapid test, and it has to be one day before you fly home to the U.S.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax2 View Post
    Please make an appointment online for your test at CVS or Walgreens to make sure there is availability. Be sure you request a rapid antigen test, you will get results much quicker.
    If there’s no testing required you can easily cancel it.
    The testing site across from CocoLapalm is walk in and easy.
    It was $40pp for a rapid test, and it has to be one day before you fly home to the U.S.
    thanks Lorax! i will definitely make an appointment! long time.....no see!! say hello to Cindy!!

User Info Menu

Just got back from our "happy place". Jan. 26 - Feb. 16. Just some observations. USA. We are triple vaccinated . We did the travel authorization forms, the rapid anti-gen tests {negative}. We never were asked to show proof in the Minneapolis airport, and never asked to show it at MBJ. Then did the swab in Negril, before going back. Not pleasant. In US, it was only supposed to be the swab in the outer edges of the nostril. No problem. The nurse in Negril shoved it way up. Still feeling it. Gave me the willys. {tested negative} So, yeah we did what we are supposed to do. Then we get to MBJ, standing in line waiting, the lady in front of us, did not get the JA test done, which we thought was what we are required to do. The ticketing agent just let her go through, after the lady showed proof that she was only vaccinated. WTF? I'm confused. So, is there no requirement? We could have spent that $80 on more Red Stripe. This was just our experience. Good luck. Cool Runnings.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Covid swab test in negril

Just to agree with RRF 2nd time getting the test across from Co Co La palm very aggressive -last year I had sinus problems (bruised my sinus) this year same aggressive unnecessary DEEP swabbing. ughhh
    Anybody else have this issue? I have had 8 other covid swab tests in US- no problems--

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Just got back from our "happy place". Jan. 26 - Feb. 16. Just some observations. USA. We are triple vaccinated . We did the travel authorization forms, the rapid anti-gen tests {negative}. We never were asked to show proof in the Minneapolis airport, and never asked to show it at MBJ. Then did the swab in Negril, before going back. Not pleasant. In US, it was only supposed to be the swab in the outer edges of the nostril. No problem. The nurse in Negril shoved it way up. Still feeling it. Gave me the willys. {tested negative} So, yeah we did what we are supposed to do. Then we get to MBJ, standing in line waiting, the lady in front of us, did not get the JA test done, which we thought was what we are required to do. The ticketing agent just let her go through, after the lady showed proof that she was only vaccinated. WTF? I'm confused. So, is there no requirement? We could have spent that $80 on more Red Stripe. This was just our experience. Good luck. Cool Runnings.

User Info Menu

thank you for the info! i appreciate it!