Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Covid testing changes for Feb.28th

User Info Menu

Canadian Covid testing changes for Feb.28th

This hasn't been changed on the official Canadian Government website yet...but here's the first of the media announcements.

Antigen testing for fully vaccinated travellers into Canada will now be accepted as of February 28th, 2022.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationa...f9b5e2fc9/amp/
    Last edited by Ruby; 02-15-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Canadian Covid testing changes for Mar.1st

Woohoo!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Here's the information provided on the Government of Canada website.

Antigen testing for fully vaccinated travellers into Canada will now be accepted as of February 28th, 2022.

Antigen testing is required 24 hours before your flight.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada
    Last edited by Bnewb; 02-15-2022 at 05:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Oh sure.... we head home on the 27th
    Hedo Negril '07 Hedo Ochi '08 Couples Negril & Riu Ochi '10 Firefly & iberostar Rose Hall Beach '12 Firefly & Samsara '14 Samsara & CocolaPalm '16 CocolaPalm & Couples Negril '17 Treehouse & Catcha & Couples Negril '22

Coming in from the cold...

User Info Menu

Re: Canadian Covid testing changes for Feb.28th

Lisa, Anitgen testing can be done up to 72 hours before flying to Canada. Trust me I checked very carefully. It will be a boost to tourism since the expensive test (PCR) is no longer required.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    Lisa, Anitgen testing can be done up to 72 hours before flying to Canada. Trust me I checked very carefully. It will be a boost to tourism since the expensive test (PCR) is no longer required.
    SLP...I respect your research & am totally thrilled that Canada is now accepting the Antigen test ...but may I ask where it says that Antigen testing can be done 72 hours before a scheduled flight?
    I've only found that PCR testing may be done 72 hours before and Antigen testing 24 hours before a scheduled flight to Canada.

Here's a quote from the press release issued Feb. 15/22 on the Government of Canada website...

"Travellers will now have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day prior to their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) or a molecular test result (taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) to meet pre-entry requirements. Taking a rapid antigen test at home is not sufficient to meet the pre-entry requirement – it must be authorized by the country in which it was purchased and must be administered by a laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service."
    https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...-response.html

User Info Menu

My apologies Lisa. I was reading the old traveler section in your lead post. Thank you for letting me know. I have not sen this on the news here yet but with what is going on I am not surprised.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

is the arrive can still in effect?

User Info Menu

Boogzy ---- Yes, as far as I know. But it could change. We seem to be the slowest country to change anything!
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boogzy View Post
    is the arrive can still in effect?
    Boogzy...you still have to use the ArriveCan app.
    Here's the link for further info...
    https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...-response.html