Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Breezy Peazy

User Info Menu

Talking ~~ Sweetness Trip Report - Breezy Peazy

Good Day All: just checking in. SUPER breezy today. But sunny and beautiful.

Last night I was stirring a pot of Red Pea Soup and I heard a commotion outside and what did I behold but the pub crawl ONE LOVE bus full of fun folks having a grand time. I had to run down and meet everyone and make sure Kemar and Tash were “ready” for them. Sunset was a bit cloud covered but the view is breathtaking any time and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I hope the LOVE bus makes another stop out next week.

Stuart the night chef here at Westender has created a new menu and I am slowly working my way thru it (lol). The items with (*) are the ones I have had and many I have had photos of in my posts. Highly recommend you come out and try the food and enjoy a sunset. I am such a foodie so it has been fun checking out each dish and all have been delicious and well presented. One day just needed a midafternoon snack so ordered the bruchetta….oh man….garlic butter toast with ripe ripe tomato and basil with EVOO and basalmic drizzle…..mmmmm. Today I had lunch which was the House Salad and the Jerk Quesadilla…..holy cow…..super delicious.
    Attachment 6079
    Attachment 6080
    Attachment 6081

*Westender House Salad $4.50
    Iceberg lettuce, cabbage, carrot, cucumber, Roma tomato, shaved with our own house-made papaya seed vinaigrette

*Panko Crusted Conch Cake $8.00
    With pickled ginger remoulade

*Jerk Chicken Quesadilla $7.50
    With mango barbeque sauce, sour cream, and tropical fruit salsa

Sesame Chicken Skewers $8.00
    Fried Crispy and served with Sweet Thai Chili and Peanut Satay sauce

*Bruchetta $6.50
    Vine-ripe tomato tossed with EVOO and Italian spices over garlic rubbed Hardo bread crostini

Snapper Rundown $19.00
    Roasted and served whole with our lemongrass-Thai curry Rundown Sauce, with traditional rice and peas

Jumbo Shrimp Scampi $19.00
    Sautéed with roasted garlic, ginger, Roma tomato, and lemongrass in a white wine-Red Stripe butter sauce, served over garlic toast

*Lionfish Escoviche $16.00
    Pan fried and then simmered in a Passion fruit Escoviche sauce and served over traditional rice and peas

Conch Milanese $17.00
    Fresh conch breaded in Panko breadcrumbs and pan fried, orange-rum butter sauce, with pineapple-jerk fried rice

*Jam-Asian Brown Stew Chicken $14.00
    A Westender twist on an Island classic with sweet Thai chili sauce and served with pineapple-jerk fried rice

*Sweet Chili Glazed Fried Chicken $14.00
    Served with traditional rice and peas

Name:  011.JPG
Views: 326
Size:  80.7 KB
    Name:  010.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  42.6 KB
    Name:  009.JPG
Views: 337
Size:  81.6 KB
    A few shots of around the property sightings. Finished “Banana Shout” today…really fun book. Think I will check out the pan and punch at Canoe later….that’s the plan any way (lol).
    Thanks for coming along.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

oy why can't I put some pics in one place in my post and a few in another? Doh....here the the food photos from the post above.....bless

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 322
Size:  81.6 KB
    Name:  029.JPG
Views: 313
Size:  81.8 KB
    Name:  031.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  84.1 KB
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Lovely update Sweetness! Thanks
    "mud cyaan seckle widout wata"...some people are essential to the wellbeing of others

User Info Menu

My pleasure Ms. Cali!
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Yummy! We don't normally eat at place's that don't price in J dollars. But we just may make an exception this Feb. Who know's maybe for Valentine's.

Thanks for posting some pics. and menu choices with prices

Cheers

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Oh yeah that flower at the top of the page the purple and white. Me sure I use to grow those called them a Moon flower.
    Just wondering does the flower stink? Because mine did.

User Info Menu

Hey Mary/Lance - I will check with the gardener. The only Moon flowers I have seen where I live are white and only bloom when its dark but these look exactly like them but different color and they were open before dark and on a bush not a vine......I am curious too so I will find out. The white ones I have smelled have a wonderful smell so I bet there are different varieties. Bless
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sweetness,

That Jerk chicken Quesadilla looks so delicious and it sounds amazing too.. mango barbeque sauce, sour cream and tropical fruit salsa?!..
    I'm drooling here.

It was so great seeing you and PGW and Sprat waving at the webcast! you have a smile that is contagious and brightens the whole room!!

I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time in Negril!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

The menu sounds FABULOUS!!....glad you're enjoying your stay!

User Info Menu

food looks amazing .... how would compare the quality to Seastar and Ivans?