Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boardie Bash

User Info Menu

Post Boardie Bash

Forgive me if this is already posted here. Haven't followed Negril info in a long time. Is there going to be a boardie bash this year? Gotta make sure, I haven't missed one in many years. After all, its why a lot of us come year after year last 2 weeks of April. This site brought me a lot of friends that I call family now so thank you Rob and Lisa and Will there be a boarding bash this year?

Hey, I'll bring the fireball.

And and I'll be there regardless so looking forward to seeing you both.

Janet

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Boardie Bash

Janet (and everyone),

We have been giving this a lot of thought. We have had the Boardie Bash running annually since 1999. With the last two years the Boardie Bash being cancelled due to Covid, this has given us time to evaluate the re-inventing of the Boardie Bash.

As you pointed out, this has been held on the last Friday in April since the mid 2000's to extend the busy season that technically ends April 15th. We have been successful in doing just that as it's now known around town about the "late April group" that always comes down.

Two things are determining how to proceed in the future. With the incredible success of the Contributions to Small Businesses and the St. Anthony Kitchen this past year, we know that you all want to help Negril as much as you can. And this year the reservations seem to be strong into the late spring and early summer, somewhat making less of a need to "extend" the April 15th busy season as it looks to be extending itself due to pent up travel demands.

Rather than just cancel the event after two decades, we would like your opinion and ideas about making it more of a Boardie Bash Week, without having one main event that only helps a single Negril business. Some ideas are a different meeting place each day for say three days before the last Friday in April and then 3 days after the last Friday. This would help us include people who leave before or arrive after the last Friday.

Other options could include a Pub Crawl as the main event on the last Friday.

We have nearly 6 weeks to devise and revise the planned events, so let us know in this thread or by PM what are your feelings and ideas.

Thanks for getting the discussion started!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob, good stuff, I'm open to just about anything that helps the community.

Curious, I'm trying to change my itinerary from the 1st week in April to the last two weeks, but everything is coming up booked or sold out in Negril?

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Rob, we’re going to miss this since we’re coming this Month but are there any particular businesses that are especially struggling that we can give our business to? Is Sweet Spice doing ok? Murphy’s?

User Info Menu

I will be down April 22 for 10 days . I’m looking forward to help finishing up this season . I loved my stay in Feb. I’ve already bought my one way ticket for next January.

User Info Menu

I always enjoy the get togethers, see old friends and met new friends. What are some of the ideas?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I always enjoy the get togethers, see old friends and met new friends. What are some of the ideas?
    Ziggy,

Here is what we have suggested above. And we are looking for your input:

"Rather than just cancel the event after two decades, we would like your opinion and ideas about making it more of a Boardie Bash Week, without having one main event that only helps a single Negril business. Some ideas are a different meeting place each day for say three days before the last Friday in April and then 3 days after the last Friday. This would help us include people who leave before or arrive after the last Friday.

Other options could include a Pub Crawl as the main event on the last Friday."

User Info Menu

I suppose that there would be too many people to do a cat cruise one day/sunset. Just thinking out loud.
    Johio

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    I suppose that there would be too many people to do a cat cruise one day/sunset. Just thinking out loud.
    Multiple Cats... we can do that

User Info Menu

Cat races anyone? The Negril Cup!