Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walkability of Cliffs

User Info Menu

Walkability of Cliffs

Hey there - my husband and I will be there in just over a week. We are staying at Rondell on the beach. I was wondering how walkable is the cliffs side? I'd like to visit more than one of the restaurant/bars on the cliffs, but don't want to make our driver hang around to take us in between.

Also curious of everyone's thoughts on the best restaurant/bar to visit that would possibly allow access for us to sit on lounge chairs on/near any cliffs? Rockhouse and Xtabi look great, but not sure if the pictures I see are only available to those staying there, or day visitors, too.

We'd also love to swim off the cliffs. Looking for someplace maybe a bit lower key than Rick's appears to be.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Walkability of Cliffs

Three Dives has large grounds with picnic tables and natural cliff side. Grilled lobster is a bonus. LTU Cliff is an open air cliff side bar with great folks, music and food. At Xtabi you can go down steps in the rock to a waterside cave. Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star is a great place for cliff side dining. Happy exploring!

User Info Menu

Have a driver drop you deep in the west end, say at Rick's or Catcha. Walk back towards town until you're tired, than catch a ride back to the beach.
    Xtabi is a great place to hang out, eat / drink, swim & snorkel.

User Info Menu

Xtabi is one of our go to places to snorkle/swim/chill on the cliffs. As long as your spending some $$ no worries hanging out, including lounging cliff side. Coral Seas on the cliffs 'may' be another option as well. Pee Wee's also has water access. We stayed at Home Sweet Home last April and might also be a possibility for non registered guest. Again, as long as your spending some $$ at restaurants/bar.

User Info Menu

I appreciate the info!! I think we may spend one day between xtabi, rockhouse and 3 dives.... And maybe a 2nd day at Rick's and then catcha falling star for dinner. ��

User Info Menu

Another option might be the One Love Bus bar crawl. Lenbert, the driver, would pick you up at Rondell mid-afternoon. You'd stop at 6-8 different bars in the Cliffs/West End. He makes sure you are on the water side of the street for sunset and will return you to Rondell after sunset. By the way, every time I've done it, and I've lost count, Xtabi was one of the stops.
    Johio

User Info Menu

We stay at LTU Gardens across the street from LTU Cliff. From cocktails at LTU its a brief walk back to Catcha for dinner, where you can get down to the waterside and the food is great. The walk takes you past Rick's front gate but we never go in. To our sensibilities Ricks is like a large "sunset factory". They clog west end road busing people in for sunset and again getting them out right after the sun goes down. I'm sure all that is good for the local economy but it sort of harshes my mellow at the most chill time of the day. Then again, a lot of people seem to like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    We stay at LTU Gardens across the street from LTU Cliff. From cocktails at LTU its a brief walk back to Catcha for dinner, where you can get down to the waterside and the food is great. The walk takes you past Rick's front gate but we never go in. To our sensibilities Ricks is like a large "sunset factory". They clog west end road busing people in for sunset and again getting them out right after the sun goes down. I'm sure all that is good for the local economy but it sort of harshes my mellow at the most chill time of the day. Then again, a lot of people seem to like it.
    Thank you for this - as that was my fear about Rick's as well. I understand that a lot of the all inclusives bus or boat people in for sunset, etc. And, while my husband and I do enjoy a party, we don't always enjoy a large crowd.

I may also look into the One Love Bar Crawl - I appreciate all the ideas!

User Info Menu

Give Rick's 30 minutes just to say you did. Check out the cliff divers for a few minutes, then walk a few doors in either direction for a great sunset dinner. Check out the Sunset Catamaran Cruises too. It's a good way to see Rick's from afar, and it's a great way to spend an afternoon - drinks - a meal - snorkeling - views of Negril from the sea, some even have a slide!

User Info Menu

when we do go to Ricks we go around 3 when they open. small crowd then and we enjoy the pool