Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini mart near Catcha?

User Info Menu

Mini mart near Catcha?

Is the little store just up the road (towards town) still open?

We are headed back to Catcha at the end of October, but haven't been back for years (Covid). Last time we were there I went to the store every morning after breakfast to pick up our "supplies" for the day.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Re: Mini mart near Catcha?

The small but mighty Wise Choice Supermarket, across the road between Catcha and Tensing Pen is almost certainly open. I last visited it a month ago.

User Info Menu

Thank you, never knew what it was called. Great news as I head there every morning for supplies for the beach. Can't wait to have Red Stripe Light again, been a number of years.

Since it has been a few years, can you pay with a card?
    Free Vybz Kartel

Administrator

User Info Menu

I was there yesterday, no worries!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I don't know about paying with cards. I'd be mildly surprised if you can.

Head's up about Red Stripe in small stores ... when I was there end of February it was often the case that there was no Red Stripe in the coolers or on the shelves. I wasn't looking for RS Light so I'm not sure if it was also in short supply.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    Since it has been a few years, can you pay with a card?
    Yes, you can use a card...as long as everything is in working order...current/electricity, phone lines, etc.

User Info Menu

I miss Catcha. One of my favorite places on earth. I hope we can get back there soon!

User Info Menu

I love that little store. Passed by it on our way to Idle Awhile cliffs

User Info Menu

Wise Choice is a comfortable walk from LTU. So after we get in, drop our bags and get caught up with our friends there, I always take the walk to pick up coffee, filters, chocolate and other light weight basics. I know we could stop at Hi-Lo on the way in but I'm always anxious to get to the cliffs. Also the walk gives me a chance to talk to folks along the way to the store. A few remember me but the others think I'm a first time noob because I arrive as pale as a full moon. It doesn't take long for them to realize I am Ja-merican, lol.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to getting back after a few years away. Morning routine is always the same for us, eat breakfast at Catcha and then I walk over to Wise Choice. Usually I am there before they open! (:
    Free Vybz Kartel