Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: airport traffic

User Info Menu

airport traffic

Greetings All....

Our countdown to getting back to Negril now stands at 10 days so needless to says we're getting pretty pumped up. This will be our 4th visit to Negril but first time staying at the Treehouse....from what I read sounds like most folks enjoy staying there, so we're also looking for that change of venue.

Think I've read that there's been some road work or there is some road work being done near the airport entrance that has been causing delays for ground transportation folks. I suspect the provider are well aware of that if it's still happening but I was just curious if we might want to prepare for waiting for our guy. We have ClubMobay so not a real big deal but obviously the sooner we get down to Negril the better. Our flight arrives Weds 3/5 a little past 2pm. Any input from you experienced JA travellers will be welcome.

Lymo

User Info Menu

Re: airport traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Sklymo View Post
    Greetings All....

Our countdown to getting back to Negril now stands at 10 days so needless to says we're getting pretty pumped up. This will be our 4th visit to Negril but first time staying at the Treehouse....from what I read sounds like most folks enjoy staying there, so we're also looking for that change of venue.

Think I've read that there's been some road work or there is some road work being done near the airport entrance that has been causing delays for ground transportation folks. I suspect the provider are well aware of that if it's still happening but I was just curious if we might want to prepare for waiting for our guy. We have ClubMobay so not a real big deal but obviously the sooner we get down to Negril the better. Our flight arrives Weds 3/5 a little past 2pm. Any input from you experienced JA travellers will be welcome.

Lymo
    From what I saw they've improved the onsite parking lot area and then there is still the area just outside the airport that taxis often park at to wait for guests to land. So I wouldn't anticipate a long wait for your ride. I was there a few weeks ago and my transport was waiting for me at the bar outside the airport arrival area.

User Info Menu

Cool, thanks. No sense in worrying about I guess, but thought I'd ask. I gotta find that app that tells you all the arrival times for our date....that'll help gauge how crazy the airport itself will be. Great to hear they have some of those "E-gates" now.

User Info Menu

We arrived on a Saturday (two weeks ago) at 2:45pm …we didn’t have CM but with the E gates we breezed through immigration, then when we got outside we didn’t see our trusty private driver. Seems that he had to park so far away from the Taxi stand area that he asked a “rep” to look out for us. Once the “rep” spotted us, he called our driver and he drove up quickly. Lots of arrivals on Saturday afternoons.

User Info Menu

We were just there Saturday and traffic was moving well. The only real construction is for the parking area where the old Texaco gas station was and really didn't affect traffic that much. The airport was busy but our friends came out 1:05 after touch down so that's not bad. They said the only real delay was waiting for the bags to off the conveyor belt. The online C5 and the E-gates are a real game changer. Moving through MoBay was faster than usual as Margaritaville on the strip is closed.

User Info Menu

We arrived yesterday and there was no construction problems. Because of the election’s, traffic was stalled in areas. Our taxi was rear ended. Jarred our bones, but no injuries. Luxurious taxi was very concerned about us and would definitely recommend them. They sent another taxi to pick us up and off we went. The point of this posting, is we never wear our seat belts here in Jamaica. After yesterday, we will be buckling up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfun View Post
    We arrived yesterday and there was no construction problems. Because of the election?s, traffic was stalled in areas. Our taxi was rear ended. Jarred our bones, but no injuries. Luxurious taxi was very concerned about us and would definitely recommend them. They sent another taxi to pick us up and off we went. The point of this posting, is we never wear our seat belts here in Jamaica. After yesterday, we will be buckling up.
    Sorry to hear this, but glad you?re OK?Luxurious is always our 1st choice!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!