Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late Oct Trip

User Info Menu

Late Oct Trip

I have a trip booked for late Oct & early Nov on the West End. Does anyone have an idea if the seaweed issues will be cleared up by then? This could be a difficult answer unless someone can see the future lol but I'm wondering if I should cancel & book again as I don't care to smell that seaweed on my trip. I smelled it somewhat on my last trip a year ago Nov. & it is nasty smelling stuff plus makes it not so fun going in the water wading through it. Since I'm not there now I'm not sure how bad it is?

User Info Menu

Re: Late Oct Trip

SVW,

The current seaweed issue is being resolved quickly.
    It was an unusual event.
    You should be fine by Oct/Nov.

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Search for and check out the CocoLaPalm live stream of their beach webcam. You'll see that the issue from the storms a couple of weeks ago is essentially already taken care of. I don't have a crystal ball, but with many November trips under my belt, it's never been a problem for me. Chances are slim that it will be an influence for you. Enjoy your trip.
    Johio

User Info Menu

It is probably even less of an issue if you are staying on the west end. What hotel will you be staying?
    Regards,
    Bob

Administrator

User Info Menu

Any answer positive or negative would mean nothing 8 months away. Canceling before your last possible date to get a full refund is pointless. The week before that date will be the time to ask the question.

Odds are everything will be fine, but to cancel for something 8 months away could have you canceling the best trip of your life.

No one can know 8 months out.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Most of the seaweed was taken care of within a week of the event. Only places not taking care of it as of last week, were the abandoned or empty lots.

User Info Menu

I'm afraid the moon will crash into the earth, should I cancel my trip in Nov?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I'm afraid the moon will crash into the earth, should I cancel my trip in Nov?

There are no guarantees in life, enjoy the ride.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Westender Inn

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure the moon won't crash but seaweed is a possibility