Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Covid curfew has been lifted!

User Info Menu

Re: The Covid curfew has been lifted!

You know what annoys me? Is when Americans who aren’t on the island try to tell you what goes on. Um no. I’m pretty sure we know better than you. And you copying and pasting quotes just looks lame.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    You know what annoys me? Is when Americans who aren’t on the island try to tell you what goes on. Um no. I’m pretty sure we know better than you. And you copying and pasting quotes just looks lame.
    About this tread...All I can say is wow!!

I don't know if your previous post is about me BethAnn but let me set the record straight. #1 I'm not American, I'm Canadian. #2 I'm am on the island and been here since November. #3 regardless of what you think, the Jamaica Health orders state that mask wearing in an indoor setting to where the public has access, masks are mandatory, at least until April 15th, 2022.

https://jis.gov.jm/drma-orders-withdrawn/

Please stop spreading misinformation.

I didn't want to cut and paste the order cause I didn't want to seen "Lame".

User Info Menu

No masks!
    No sunscreen either!
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

When traveling abroad we try to leave the entitled American attitude at home and follow the local rules/laws. I understand things may have changed in the last two weeks but prior to that masks were still required in HiLo and other stores we visited including Times Square. I was spritzed with alcohol so many times I thought I might spontaneously ignite. I am glad to hear rules will officially be relaxed soon.

User Info Menu

I am a very rare poster, but really appreciated your official cut and paste as we are American rule followers and will do whatever is needed to enjoy the Island!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    When traveling abroad we try to leave the entitled American attitude at home and follow the local rules/laws. I understand things may have changed in the last two weeks but prior to that masks were still required in HiLo and other stores we visited including Times Square. I was spritzed with alcohol so many times I thought I might spontaneously ignite. I am glad to hear rules will officially be relaxed soon.
    Entitled really? Lol. Get a life dude. If they want you to wear a mask they will tell you. Then you wear one. Im also not a tourist like most on here. So I’m pretty sure I have a better understanding of what’s going on than y’all.

User Info Menu

I’m sorry BethAnn I thought we were being asked to continue mask wearing until April 15. I also didn’t mean to imply you were an American citizen. I’m sure you know best, enjoy your vacation and stay well.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Entitled really? Lol. Get a life dude. If they want you to wear a mask they will tell you. Then you wear one. Im also not a tourist like most on here. So I’m pretty sure I have a better understanding of what’s going on than y’all.
    BA,

I just went to Value Master and had my temp checked but I was wearing no mask and the dude at the door had his mask around his chin. No one asked me to mask but I saw several tourists wearing theirs, so things are deffinatly changing here quickly.

Just as you were explaining what happened with your experiences, others in this post have been doing the same. Just because their experience is different than yours doesn't make their experience any less valid than yours. And BTW, a Canadian living here much more than you do is someone to at least listen and entertain their point of view. If you maintain preconceived ideas and refuse to entertain others experiences, you are looking for a tough time here.

Other than indoor places, not LTU, Catcha or virtually any place in Negril which are not indoors do the new "requirements" necessitate masks. My guess that only the banks are really enforcing the "requirements".

And asking before entering is excellent as each indoor business does seem to technically have their own rules. While the government has said that indoor places are required to have masking, once the DRMA was canceled that also canceled the legal enforcement of masking. The Ministry of Health can make the suggested requirements, but the DMRA was the only way of enforcement of the rules. Since that is gone, each business can enforce the requirements as they seem fit.

Several people, who are here and not necessarily American, gave you their experience. Rather than taking offense, try to learn from it.

This ain't TA so please chill a bit and enjoy your vacation. We do not want TA's pointless power trips fighting here.

And to be fair, until you have lived here for a couple years without leaving, we will always consider you "just a tourist" as you are a tourist. You don't live here. Get a few full years under your belt here and you will understand what I am saying.

And for those curious, the masking signs are no longer present at Value Master. I do appreciate the fact that most tourists in VM were masked without demanding it, better to be safe than sorry.

BA, Chill A While, you are on vacation! We all need that after Covid and now WWIII....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Honestly man, I have no dogs in this hunt, but neither do I care to hear you further cite the policy as written -vs- the reality of what is actually taking place. An effort to actually understand the truth of various perspectives from those whose might be more immediate, and/or valid than your own, are always welcomed on boards such as these--much to the benefit of all whom participate.
    Last edited by stormbringr1; 03-21-2022 at 11:19 PM.