Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Travelers hotel vs. Treehouse and Coco la Palm

User Info Menu

Travelers hotel vs. Treehouse and Coco la Palm

So I’m back trying to book my next Negril trip, i’m on a BUDGET ( I have stayed at sandals, the original grand Lido and then Breezes, Hide awhile on the cliffs, the spa retreat, couples swept away, couples negril, rooms and the tree house)
    My last trip with my BF we stayed at the treehouse and really enjoyed, however I’m just looking around for other hotels on a budget, i’ve never stayed at Coco Palm or travelers.. i’m kinda tossed up at the two any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..Dee
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Re: Travelers hotel vs. Treehouse and Coco la Palm

We stayed at The Treehouse over a dozen times and really enjoyed everything about it except for the rock hard beds. Awesome free breakfast is included and yes the price is right! We changed hotels when the Treehouse got a little loud and busy with numerous parties and cruise visitors. Coco Palm looks to be quieter. Never stayed there though.

User Info Menu

Part of the decision is what part of the beach you really want to be on. I personally like being smack dab in the middle close to my frequent haunts but to each their own.

User Info Menu

I have stayed with friends and family at Coco many times. I can tell you that the hotel is very nice and a good value. They have a restaurant with full bar on site that has reasonable prices and good food; there is also a beach bar that serves only drinks. There are two pools, one is right on the beach. The rooms are definitely not fancy; but they are also not run down or bad and they are always clean. I don't spend a ton of time locked in my room, so a comfortable clean room is all that I need. They do have some ocean rooms but I think they are booked pretty early. I think the hotel is in a good location with plenty of bars/restaurants within walking distance (subject to what other spots you prefer). I can honestly say that I have not had a bad experience there... in fact, my mother is staying there right now with a group of her friends. If you see a good rate there, I am pretty sure you will not regret it; I know there were times when we found a SMOKING deal for the Deluxe Room on some of the well known travel broker sites. I have also stayed in one of the suites that overlook the pool, they have a nice patio or balcony if that is important to you. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask away and I will try to fill you in if I can.
    Last edited by Phatskipper; 03-25-2022 at 09:33 AM.

User Info Menu

I stay at coco. clean, quiet, good food, location, safe, friendly staff.
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

I have stayed at Travelers. Great hotel and very nice people. They have a nice pool setup and a pretty cool bar/restaurant area. The only problem is that they are on the far end of the beach. We ended up walking down to Woodstock a couple of days just to get into some better-looking water. Staying at Cocoa our next visit for the first time there.

User Info Menu

I have stayed at numerous places on the beach. I find the best bang for my buck is White Sands. You can stay for less then $100 a night . Very clean basic rooms . I prefer the garden side . The rooms are bigger and quieter. Security will help you cross the street. . Convenient to walk everywhere. Good food and bar.