Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Green Island Killing !!

User Info Menu

Green Island Killing !!

Fitzroy Watson !! Mi Friend..

I just heard yesterday morning of the Brutal Murder of my Friend (Fitzroy Watson.) At his business in Green Island on Wednesday Evening.
    Gunned down .. In his shop.
    This is such Tragic and Devastating News. It is totally unbelievable to hear this Terrible News...
    Senseless Violence.. In Jah !!

We are So Sorry for the loss to the Family... A Father/Husband. A loyal Friend.
    He will be remembered by all that knew him !

R.I.P. Mi Friend.. And Always Respect !! L&K

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Green Island Killing !!

I also knew "Culture", he used to work out of the Beach Club. Always happy to provide a ride or share a drink, it's always tough to hear about a friend's death.

Green Island has been in the news for quite a while related to lotto scamming shootings. Doing a search will turn up turn up a decade of terrible life altering tragedies. And unfortunately, Covid increased the allure of easy money while being unemployed.

Fitzroy was the target of a hit at his Green Island business, with two assailants fleeing in a car after their dastardly deed. It is felt by the community that this was in retaliation for a shooting in Green Island on the 17th of March. With such widespread lotto scamming in Green Island, the lure of large amounts of money is too hard for some to avoid. Fitzroy may or may not have been directly involved in the lotto scam, but if those in charge even get a hint that someone might know too much, things can get bad very fast.

If you have a vulnerable family member, try to convince them (or the banking institution) to make you a co-signer on any large purchases or transfer of funds.

I am tired of hearing of another friend's death from lotto scamming. So once again, I ask for your help in stopping this scourge by educating your vulnerable family and friends to hang up the phone should they receive a call that claims that they won a prize in a contest that they need to pay money to clear "taxes and fees" before receiving their winnings. Together we can do this. If there is no money to be made in the scamming, it will cease to exist.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Green Island Killing !!

Rob.. Thank you for your info and input. So Sad for all the Families of the victims . Respect !!