Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Recent Weather in Negril??

User Info Menu

Recent Weather in Negril??

Good Morning, I am wondering if anyone that has been in Negril the past couple weeks can comment on the recent weather. When I look at the local weather via the popular online weather apps, every day appears to list "PM Showers" or other nebulous rain-related forecasts. I am hoping that someone "on the ground" can comment on how the weather has been. I am scheduled to arrive in Negril on April 11 and my travel partner is freaking out a little over the consistent forecast involving rain that is poised to continue through our stay. I suspect the weather is pretty good, but an occasional small localized shower in the PM quickly rolls through, but I don't really have a way to validate this is the case recently. Additionally, I would be interested in how this weather pattern has affected the sunset viewing since that is an important part of why we are traveling to Negril.

Any information would be very much appreciated.
    Respectfully,
    Joe

User Info Menu

Re: Recent Weather in Negril??

Not there now, but travel to Negril every April for last 15 years. Minus Covid years😩 the forecast almost always looks like that. It will most likely rain daily in the later afternoon. It’s a great time for a nap or getting “stuck” at a beach bar. Unless there is a tropical system you have nothing to worry about. Sunsets are also more beautiful when the sky is cloudy! Enjoy.

User Info Menu

I'm here now Phatskipper and I can tell you the weather has been a little unstable for the last few weeks. Mornings have been nice with light winds and a clear blue skies. Early afternoon the clouds have rolled in and there has been a lot of rain. In some cases torrential rain. Usually when the big rain comes, it is fairly local, meaning it could be raining on the beach but the cliff's are clear and sunny. A few days of wide spread overcast and regional rain but those days are few. I believe the weather pattern is changing because #1 every joint in my body hurts right now, meaning a change in weather pressure systems, and #2 it's been sunny and hot hot hot for the last couple of days.

User Info Menu

I just left on 3/25 and there is no doubt there has been more rain in Negril this March than the statistical average--which is just 21mm. The week I was there was more like May weather in Negril but the good news is the rain dropped off a bit every day until the last 2 days which were sunny and beautiful! The forecast also looks better now than it did when I was stressing before our trip like you are now. In addition, the reports of bugs were thankfully no longer present as we found no need to dig into the spray whatsoever. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

You folks are the best, thanks for the info... I'll be sure to pass this along to the worried lady (as if I wasn't also a bit nervous

User Info Menu

Perfect weather today and yesterday
    wName:  10CA689C-9537-4C88-B915-E2FEF17401A7.jpeg
Views: 391
Size:  2.35 MBeat