Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: CLP and Restaurant Questions

User Info Menu

CLP and Restaurant Questions

First trip since 2015 and have a few questions...

1) Does the Cigar store at Boardwalk Village have decent Cuban cigars?
    2) Can I smoke a cigar on the beach at CLP?
    3) Does CLP have any gym facilities or a stationary bike, if not, any place nearby that does and is willing to allow a non guest to use their facilities?
    4) LTU - is the Chicken Lola and pumpkin soup still fantastic?
    5) After April 15th, can tourists use route taxis?
    6) Any Restaurants near CLP recommended?
    7) Does 3 Dives still have live music and is it on Tuesday night?
    8) Is Best in the West still across from CLP and is it recommended?

Thank you in advance for your comments!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Re: CLP and Restaurant Questions

RE: LTU...yes and yes as of Sept. 2021. Also, Luca is now putting out a mean pizza Napoli!

User Info Menu

I can answer a few of those. There is no gym at Cocolapalm. You can pay to use Couples Swept Away gym facilities which are amazing by the day or week. It used to be 20$ a day? There is a small gym next to Beachcomber Club on the beach and also a smaller gym close to town. Best of the West and Vinnies which is down about a 100 yards from Best seem to be the go to places for jerk chicken in that area. Best of the West really raised their prices but I think they both are still solid. Try Tip Top which is about a 8-10 minute walk on sidewalk on the morass side by Swept Away, Miss Lillys at Skylark is amazing, and Charela's next to Coco. Idle Awhile is wonderful and I think Coco holds its own very well to other places. Dang, I need to go back ...sigh...

User Info Menu

Vinnies is excellent…the fried shrimp are delicious

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MBJ View Post
    Vinnies is excellent…the fried shrimp are delicious
    I walked by Vinnie's heading to the bank today, the aroma was amazing!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

For dinners you can also enjoy food at Firefly and Indies 957 (White Sands) close to CCLP (of course, after the 2 for 1 happy hour at CCLP first! LOL).

User Info Menu

Also, Sips n Bites has the best brown stew chicken I've ever tasted. Dark and smokey with all the fixings. It's on the west end just past Rock House. Wait until at least 1pm because Mr. Brown won't serve it until it's just right. And don't plan to go on Saturday because they close for religious observance.