Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bars/Restaurants Close to NBCC

User Info Menu

Re: Bars/Restaurants Close to NBCC

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    I'm happy to know your experience was positive. You are definitely in the minority - look how it always stays empty. Since they opened late 2019, I have patronized their bar/restaurant on each trip (about 8 or 9 times) and I have yet to enjoy their food or consistently enjoy their service. One of these trips was a catered event for 30 . The one thing I did enjoy was their night time menu during the height of the pandemic. The chef had the grill open by the pool bar. Donovan, Jason and Kerry Ann are very good bartenders and if it weren't for them, I wouldn't even buy a drink from the bar.
    Do you recall the open hours of their bar?

User Info Menu

The bar and restaurant at NBCC opens 8:30 to 9ish. If Jason is working and has customers he stays open very late. Regarding the food, winter of 2021 Chef Jr. was cooking and it was great. He was a cruise ship chef and was working there while cruises were shut down. Right now, in my opinion, the food is just okay.

User Info Menu

It depends on how slow it is. If Jason is there, it will be a late night. 10pm/11pm.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    The bar and restaurant at NBCC opens 8:30 to 9ish. If Jason is working and has customers he stays open very late. Regarding the food, winter of 2021 Chef Jr. was cooking and it was great. He was a cruise ship chef and was working there while cruises were shut down. Right now, in my opinion, the food is just okay.
    I forgot his name but yes, this is the same person who did the late night grill. The other chef was "Indian" who was last there in December. His cooking was good. They have a new chef now from Kingston.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Do you recall the open hours of their bar?
    If it's closed or the vibe isn't what you want, walk next door to Fusion. Just about every night you will see other NBCC guests there. Service, food and drinks are good.

User Info Menu

Try Barry's, 1/2 way down the lane behind Mom's Place. Travellers has a great breakfast, Mom's Place is good, and Sunrise - across the road from Bar B Barn.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I noticed down the street is Nikki Taco.. anyone try the food there?
    The "tacos" are topped with cabbage and tomatoes. Real taco toppings like jalapenos, cilantro, onion, guacamole, serranos, etc. are not available. The salsa that is offered is sub-par and the hot sauce is even worse. The Taco idea is great but not a great experience for me.