Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bars/Restaurants Close to NBCC

User Info Menu

Bars/Restaurants Close to NBCC

Well I mostly stay at White Sands but this Sept I'll be at NBCC (cause WS closes for renovations in Sept). So I don't know much about the food and drink near there. I see 1FusionNegril and Ocean Breeze nearby on google maps. Does anyone know much about these places and can tell me about anything else close by (and I'm not a big fan of Bourban beach)?
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 03-31-2022 at 01:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Bars/Restaurants Close to NBCC

Had a meal at Travellers in February of 2020. Had a huge red snapper fillet. I thought it was excellent and the 2 meals my friends ordered looked great as well. I also had a meal at NBCC which was tasty as well. I'll be there for 6 days from the 8th to the 14th. Will let you know what I find although I'm sure you won't have trouble finding answers amongst this group.

User Info Menu

Not sure if all these places are open anymore but just north of there we had very good meals at Kuyaba, Jamaica Tamboo (lobster pizza), Bar B Barn, Kenny's Italian Café, Café Goa, Blue Mountain Coffee Shop, Momma Flo's, Sunrise Club.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

We go to Kuyaba for the coconut pie and coffee. It's as good as what the pie man used to sell on the beach back in the day.

User Info Menu

Dru’s is right next door, great patty’s and he’ll cook anything else you want with some notice. Perfect for a balcony dinner. Ocean Breeze @ Beach House Condos is our choice for breakfast and they have a good lunch and dinner menu. On the front of NBCC, next to the lobby is a new sandwich shop some really good sandwiches and cheesy fries. Across the street walking away from town is the Sunrise Club, then Nikki Taco, kick a** margaritas, chicken and fish tacos are my favs. A little further down almost to one mile (Drifters) is Cafe Goya and Kenny’s Italian.

User Info Menu

At Negril Beach Club there is the restaurant on the beach side called Thumbs Up (terrible service and food is not good). Bar service is excellent if Big Red and Donovan are working. Next to the lobby there is a sandwich shop called Anna's (prices are decent, service is good and the food is good also). When facing the beach, to the left is Fusion (service and food are good, open 24/7, reasonable prices). When facing the beach, to the right is Dru - he makes really good patties that are large and a rea meal in itself. He doesn't cook everyday but does take preorders. Travelers and Beach House villas which are to the left and right of Negril Beach Club also have restaurants.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback! I noticed down the street is Nikki Taco.. anyone try the food there?

User Info Menu

Nikki taco was very good. We stumbled home after 1 or 2 too many margaritas!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    At Negril Beach Club there is the restaurant on the beach side called Thumbs Up (terrible service and food is not good). Bar service is excellent if Big Red and Donovan are working. Next to the lobby there is a sandwich shop called Anna's (prices are decent, service is good and the food is good also). When facing the beach, to the left is Fusion (service and food are good, open 24/7, reasonable prices). When facing the beach, to the right is Dru - he makes really good patties that are large and a rea meal in itself. He doesn't cook everyday but does take preorders. Travelers and Beach House villas which are to the left and right of Negril Beach Club also have restaurants.
    We've always been happy with the food we ordered from Thumbs Up. Especially during the pandemic, when we sometimes didn't have any other option. The staff has always been helpful and accommodating.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    We've always been happy with the food we ordered from Thumbs Up. Especially during the pandemic, when we sometimes didn't have any other option. The staff has always been helpful and accommodating.
    I'm happy to know your experience was positive. You are definitely in the minority - look how it always stays empty. Since they opened late 2019, I have patronized their bar/restaurant on each trip (about 8 or 9 times) and I have yet to enjoy their food or consistently enjoy their service. One of these trips was a catered event for 30 . The one thing I did enjoy was their night time menu during the height of the pandemic. The chef had the grill open by the pool bar. Donovan, Jason and Kerry Ann are very good bartenders and if it weren't for them, I wouldn't even buy a drink from the bar.