Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid testing after April 15

User Info Menu

Re: Covid testing after April 15

Sand gravity,
    Jamaica does not accept a recovery letter for entry at this time. You do not have to take a PCR test...the Antigen test is perfectly acceptable and is said to be less sensitive to any remaining virus.

Read the entry protocols at www.visitjamaica.com

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sand gravity View Post
    Hi all- after booking and cancelling twice due to covid flareups in CT, I am booked to return to Negril in early May

Well, now there is a new mini wave (more transmissible but less lethal if vaxed and boosted) of the BA.2 variant in the NY/NJ/CT metro area and lucky me I caught a mild case in mid March.

I am recovered, but PCR tests can be positive for several months post infection. As of now, I will need to take one of those tests prior to entry. Will a note from my health care provider be sufficient to enter Jamaica and to return to the US if I do still test positive? Rob do you have any sense of what the rules will be after April 15?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide

I wouldn't take a PCR test, just get the antigen test - more likely to test negative and generally cheaper.

The total number of people in the hospital with Covid island wide is 16, and the percentage testing positive hasn't hit double digits in a month or so. The case numbers and hospitalizations in Europe and the US seem to be plateauing so unless there is a drastic change in the next week, there is a strong chance that the testing requirements to enter the country may be dropped with the next update.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update