Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid testing after April 15

User Info Menu

Covid testing after April 15

Hi All!
    Just wondering if there's any news about covid testing in US after April 15?

We have 11 of us arriving on 4/16.
    Thanks for any information!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Covid testing after April 15

I've been reading various articles about the testing requirement to enter the US and as of the most recent article this morning, the gov't has no plans to end the testing requirement to enter the US. The federal mask mandate expires April 18th and that most likely will not be extended. I do wonder what the JA govt is going to do about testing to arrive in JA.

User Info Menu

"White House coronavirus response coordinator Jeff Zients said to the media on April 5, 2022, "No, there are no plans to change the international travel requirements at this point."

User Info Menu

Thank you! How about entering Jamaica after April 15th???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irienegril View Post
    We leave San Francisco late Saturday night the 15th and depart Miami for MBJ on the morning of the 16th of April. American airlines are still
    requiring us to submit a negative test before departure. Not really that big of deal to insure we have 12 days in Negril. My son and I are ready!!
    Last edited by LeftCoastTom; 04-06-2022 at 06:47 PM.

User Info Menu

We leave San Francisco late Friday night the 15th and depart Miami for MBJ on the morning of the 16th of April. American airlines are still
    requiring us to submit a negative test before departure. Not really that big of deal to insure we have 12 days in Negril. My son and I are ready!!

User Info Menu

My flight to Mo Bay is on April 16th.
    I have my PCR test booked for Thursday the 14th, if something changes between now and then, I can cancel.
    The last update on the Jamaican Tourism Board site didn't say when they would discontinue the required testing.

User Info Menu

As of now, you still have to test to enter Jamaica -- within 3 days of arrival

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! See you in Negril!!!

User Info Menu

Hi all- after booking and cancelling twice due to covid flareups in CT, I am booked to return to Negril in early May

Well, now there is a new mini wave (more transmissible but less lethal if vaxed and boosted) of the BA.2 variant in the NY/NJ/CT metro area and lucky me I caught a mild case in mid March.

I am recovered, but PCR tests can be positive for several months post infection. As of now, I will need to take one of those tests prior to entry. Will a note from my health care provider be sufficient to enter Jamaica and to return to the US if I do still test positive? Rob do you have any sense of what the rules will be after April 15?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide