Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Music and Pizza on the West End!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Music and Pizza on the West End!

Starting at 4pm at Bella Donna's on Summerset Lane! Every Friday!

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Music and Pizza on the West End!

Bella Donna always sings to me when I leave!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Many moons ago Miss Bella put on a show in her yard with the Indica Band opening and Gregory Issacs headlining. Indica Band played great. It was a righteous scene. But Gregory never showed. We left around 2 am--still no Gregory. The next day we heard he showed up at about 6 am, totally trashed on the nose candy (as was his habit). Miss Bella made him sleep it off on a wooden table in the yard. Fun Times!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Gregory Isaacs did make actually show up at some of his scheduled shows, although I do remember his Bella Donna's no-show.

If I remember right, he performed the next night.

But here he is 22 years ago performing at Bella Donna's!

https://www.realnegril.com/beingees/nn200100.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I don't remember if the "no show" night was before or after 2000 but I don't think he played that next night. We were staying at Sea Grape that year, practically across the road from Miss Bella's yard and if there was a show we would have heard it. We used to hear the welcome show for German tour groups every Wednesday night at Mariner's. One night we took our own drinks, slipped in and watched the show from the shadows at the back of the pool. I still remember the bicycle trick man and the flaming limbo show!