Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Scotia ATM withdrawel limits

User Info Menu

Scotia ATM withdrawel limits

I only use Scotia ATM's at the banks themselves. The limit used to be 30,000J. Is it still that amount? Can you make back to back withdrawals? Are all the bank ATM's the same limits? What denominations are they putting out?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Scotia ATM withdrawel limits

From Scotia special Covid change:

Other Banks
    Up to JMD equivalent of US$4000 per transaction/ JMD equivalent of US$6,000 per weekly/ JMD equivalent of US$8,000 per month.

https://jm.scotiabank.com/campaigns/...0Other%20Banks

I highly expect that the machines have no way to actually dispense that much....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

The last time I stepped into the Scotia bank an employee lady at the front door stopped me and asked what I needed from the bank today. I said I was making a withdrawal. She said the ATM's will dispense up to $100,000J but you have to pick the ATM's marked with a sign that says "this machine dispenses $5,000 bills". With the newer machines you can pick what denominations you want.

User Info Menu

My only experience in Feb was at NCB at the Boardwalk Shopping Center…only one machine was working in the lobby…I couldn’t choose bills, W/D 50,000J and it was all in 5,000 bills, and of course nobody in the entire town has change…I’m bringing and using US cash in June

User Info Menu

The Scotia machines, even the old ones, will permit you to select denominations of the bills you receive. The machine proposes the bills you will get. The machine will always try to stick you with the dreaded $5000 J. But, there is a feature that lets you reduce the denominations of the cash. You can request more $1000 and less $5000 bills.

User Info Menu

It's nice to be able to pick the denomination size. I will watch for that feature. The last time I got mostly 5000's and one was torn.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MBJ View Post
    My only experience in Feb was at NCB at the Boardwalk Shopping Center…only one machine was working in the lobby…I couldn’t choose bills, W/D 50,000J and it was all in 5,000 bills, and of course nobody in the entire town has change…I’m bringing and using US cash in June
    I go there too but I usually stay at White Sands where they'll give you change every morning for your big bills (I use their free safety deposit box in their office). So maybe the hotel you're staying at will do the same?

User Info Menu

When this happened to me I just stepped over from the atm line to the lobby line to get change from a teller. It's not quick and easy but it gets you some smaller bills without running all over trying to break big bills.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Breaking a j$5000 isn't that hard. Just go grocery shopping....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!