Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another friend has passed.

User Info Menu

Re: Another friend has passed.

Captain D was an Oldtimer to Jamaica and Negril especially. I remember seeing his Sail boat rental shops on both ends of Negril Beach back in the late 70's. He has contributed many fine posts here including numerous old photos from his days as a boat captain as well as his boat rental shops. Between Covid and his own health issues I am led to believe that he has been unable to visit Jamaica and Zion Hill in some time although I could be wrong. I have had several conversations with Dave via PM and we had always agreed that meeting up would be a fun thing to do. Unfortunately it won't be in this life. I do hope that those who knew Capt D better than I will post some stories and photos about their friendships and times together.

User Info Menu

Terrible news and a tremendous loss. I too will celebrate him with a rum. Sincere Condolences to Linston.

User Info Menu

I am so sorry to hear this. I never met him but loved reading his posts. My sympathies to his family and close friends.

User Info Menu

Very Sad, The Captain and his family will be in our prayers. Lifting a glass of Rum in you honor tonight. R.I.P.

User Info Menu

Sad news. So sorry to hear this.

User Info Menu

CaptD.
    You will be remembered as a generous contributor to this board.
    Your ancient Negril history lessons and photos captivated all of us over the years.
    That little project up on Zion Hill was a wonder to watch grow and grow and grow with your ingenuity and hard work.
    We never met in person, but we share the same love of Negril and Jamaica.

Rest in peace,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Rest in peace, Captain. We have fond memories of our sole visit to the farm, wish we could have stayed longer.

User Info Menu

Such sad news. Our thoughts and Prayers go out to Linston and Family����

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear this news. He was a very familiar poster. One thing for sure was his love for his family and his dear Jamaica.

User Info Menu

I never had the pleasure of meeting Dave, but I spoke to hm on the phone several times. Linston, Our thoughts are with you. We are saving an extra hug for when we see you in February.