Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre-arrival Covid testing ending in Jamaica Apr.15th

User Info Menu

Re: Pre-arrival Covid testing ending in Jamaica Apr.15th

We were on the West End for nearly a month over Aug.- Sept. 2021, in the thick of the pandemic when lack of tourism was causing economic hardship on top of pandemic crisis. Business was pretty dead and It was our very tiny effort to help by spending what money we could to help our friends. The whole time we were there we followed all Covid protocols with sanitizing, temp checks and, of course, masking. My point is that at no time did I feel like I was being made to suffer. Nor did I ever hear a single Jamaican complain of such "suffering". Given the low uptake of vaccines on the island I would suggest that the mask mandate has been the top mitigating factor in knocking down the virus and avoiding real suffering.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    We were on the West End for nearly a month over Aug.- Sept. 2021, in the thick of the pandemic when lack of tourism was causing economic hardship on top of pandemic crisis. Business was pretty dead and It was our very tiny effort to help by spending what money we could to help our friends. The whole time we were there we followed all Covid protocols with sanitizing, temp checks and, of course, masking. My point is that at no time did I feel like I was being made to suffer. Nor did I ever hear a single Jamaican complain of such "suffering". Given the low uptake of vaccines on the island I would suggest that the mask mandate has been the top mitigating factor in knocking down the virus and avoiding real suffering.
    Hi there I was referring to the Jamaican population suffering not mask wearers. I really don’t care who wants to wear a mask, go for it. But I can tell you that every single Jamaican I am close with applauds the lifting of the strict Covid requirements and with the exception of a few, no one wanted to wear a mask let alone have any other restrictions inflicted on them.

User Info Menu

Here we go again

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

John's Hopkins University (the gold standard when it comes to Covid related issues) did a very extensive study on the effectiveness of lockdowns and masks. I highly recommend taking the time to see what they came up with before voicing an opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

It’s a moot point now really. Even the airlines have ditched the mandate as of last night.

User Info Menu

I did. A quick google search shows it is a non-published, non-peer reviewed report that was written mostly by a couple of economists (not epidemiologists) who were found on record as early as March 2020 as anti-mask. The report was not issued by THE Johns Hopkins University (which maybe would have been a gold standard). Serious reporting calls it the "so-called Johns Hopkins report". Its methodology and findings are as full of holes as Swiss cheese and the only media outlet that gave it any coverage was Fox News because it plays to their predetermined
    narrative. The reason mask mandates are being lifted is because they have worked, not that they haven't.

User Info Menu

Geez my comment was about the Jamaican mandates being lifted not dissing the pro-maskers. Let’s all cordially agree to disagree and move on.
    let’s focus on my cute kids lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    I did. A quick google search shows it is a non-published, non-peer reviewed report that was written mostly by a couple of economists (not epidemiologists) who were found on record as early as March 2020 as anti-mask. The report was not issued by THE Johns Hopkins University (which maybe would have been a gold standard). Serious reporting calls it the "so-called Johns Hopkins report". Its methodology and findings are as full of holes as Swiss cheese and the only media outlet that gave it any coverage was Fox News because it plays to their predetermined
    narrative. The reason mask mandates are being lifted is because they have worked, not that they haven't.
    I stopped reading your post when you told me you google searched it. Try Duck Duck Go and get back to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

The story I found and quoted was from Forbes Magazine. Maybe they got their facts confused.