Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-arrival Covid testing ending in Jamaica Apr.15th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Pre-arrival Covid testing ending in Jamaica Apr.15th

Name:  Screenshot_20220413-144505__01.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  318.5 KB

User Info Menu

Re: Pre-arrival Covid testing ending in Jamaica Apr.15th

Maybe I will get down this October.

User Info Menu

Great news, BUT I just checked with Delta and they are still requiring Proof before boarding on April 16th and the they require a printout of the negative test.

User Info Menu

Great news! I'll check American. Crossing my fingers!

User Info Menu

AA said until Jamaica updates their entry requirements a test will still be required.

I'll check back tomorrow upon their recommendation.

User Info Menu

That's because they can't tell you anything different until corporate issues a memo redirecting them to the change in Ja policy. Try again late tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringr1 View Post
    That's because they can't tell you anything different until corporate issues a memo redirecting them to the change in Ja policy. Try again late tomorrow.
    I just checked my American Airlines app (10:52 PM PST) and it says I no longer need a pre-departure Covid test before leaving for our Saturday arrival in Jamaica. I had checked it earlier tonight. I bet it changed at midnight eastern time. I get to cancel $145.00 in tests we had scheduled for tomorrow. More beer money! Anyone arriving this weekend should keep checking their airlines site for updates.

User Info Menu

Beautiful! I believe Jamaica has been moved down to the very lowest level of COVID concern. That, along with the relaxation of COVID travel mandates by other Carib tourist destinations competing for the tourist dollar, makes for a likely vibrant return to travel for the island and the wages/income for those to take care of their families there. ��

User Info Menu

I checked with American tonight. They will still require until Jamaica updates their entry requirements.

Administrator

User Info Menu

This was a logical move. With the Jamaican COVID bed capacity at over 800 island wide, on Tuesday there was a total of 14 hospitalizations. That is a percentage of 1.75% of the Covid beds on the island, over 98% of the beds are available. The testing positivity rate was 2.3% of all testing done on Tuesday.

Planes coming to the Caribbean stopping at other islands as well have passengers who had to be tested (like for Jamaica) and not tested (like the DR). To think everyone visiting the island wouldn't be exposed in the plane is farcical.

The PM did the right thing ending the mandatory testing just as was expected and predicted on here last week.

But be smart, always mask in a route taxi - that is basic common sense at this point.

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!