Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Name your favorite restaurants!

User Info Menu

how can you pick just one favorite mon........too hard.........

overall I'd say it's hard to beat da Canoe...........mi can spend hours and hours der.......
    great food and drinks......wonderful setting.......you can go swimming and snorkeling there.......
    the Rum Punch is the best in Negril......Kirby is the best.....and dem couches are soooooo comfortable...

and then you have all the other great eating places.....mi bias towards the ones on the West End Road....

for really, really good food..........Chicken Lavish is awesome......Conch Soup best in Negril
    LTU for the vibes with nice food and drinks......you gotta try the Chicken Lola
    Ivans for an upscale feeling of being one of the Rich and Famous......
    SeaStar Inn is the Cheers of Negril.....everyone is family and good times and food and drinks to be had all the time der.......
    Three Dives is our version of the picnic table experience.......just wonderful......granny sauce to die for
    Teds Hideaway - best dayum Chef in Negril........Lobster Thermidor to kill for......everything good
    Sharks has Juliet who aims to please and has just wonderfully reasonably priced food........
    and the best kept secret in Negril.....Bentley's Crab House has Bentley that cooks the best Crab Cakes and Fish in Negril.......yah mon........him the best and a good friend of mine.......

hopefully Jenny's will be back in full swing this Winter.......best cheap eats in Negril......good too!

this reach mi will try a new place.......Sunset after Dark.........
    mi see some different Hot Dog Plates on the Lunch Menu and mi have to check it out!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

i always love to read these threads, you never know what you are going to find.

i'll throw a few up which have not gotten mentioned yet, but really it's hard to go wrong in negril and i feel for those who go all-inclusive, rot gut booze and you miss out on all the spots. anyway, sunrise club has a sick espresso/gelato desert, calzones, and actual pizza, angela's throws a decent pie as does italian cafe. sweet spice is a standard, and juicy j is like an undiscovered sweet spice with some incredible hand made juices, would love a glass of cane juice right now. i'm a coffee person so a place that has real coffee is an automatic winner and so i like kuyaba's bottomless cups of jbm with breakfast.

a lot of the usual suspects have already been mentioned so i won't repeat but also to add it's never a wrong move to tuck into some of the box food spots, ask for a mix you can get fry chicken and half brown stew for example, sweet spot and one mile, and the original negril patty person miss sonia and also for a sit down you can plan a meal and eat like a king or queen. i like marko's suggestion of ltu but i like to tweak their schnitzel into a holstein (you get a fried egg dropped on it) and so on and so on you're gonna do well and gain weight unless you like to walk everywhere like me lol.
    "I beseech thee, my lord , let this venture be mine..."

-Sir Gawain

User Info Menu

There should be a Restaurant map similar to the hotel map that shows where they are. Do you know how many times I get into a taxi and tell them where I want to go and they don't know where it is??? Well neither do I!!!

I will add my favorite place for Stew Chicken (if it's still there) Uprising next to Mama Flo's. I never knew it had a real name but that is what I've heard some people call it...
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

where you do get box lunch 'yardie' food? Sweet Spot up the hill, and Fattys on beach, right? I have never visited either but want to try it.

User Info Menu

Lots of "Yardie Food" places but most do more than just yardie food. Here's just some:

Beach:
    Jah B's
    Colletta's
    Montana's
    Best in the west
    Sweet Spot
    Coconut International
    Alfred's
    Fatties
    Niah's Kitchen
    Cafe Goa
    Sonia's
    Etc.

Juicy J's - Behind Scotia Bank/Cambio

Cliffs:
    Mi Yard
    Jus Natural
    Sips n Bites
    Ras Rody's (Ital
    Chicken Lavish
    Jenny's - If they reopen for high season
    3 Dives

I know I'm missing many.

User Info Menu

How could I miss Red Dragon for yardie food. It's off the beaten path. Has a reputation for teh best jerk pork and the coldest red stripe around. Apparently a great place to hang withy local. Good vibe. They often sell out before 5:00 so get there early.

User Info Menu

I have a spreadsheet at the office of restaurants and locations. I'll post on Monday if I can remember.

User Info Menu

please do!

User Info Menu

We love alot of places in Negril but for some reason Canoe is our favorite.When our friends are staying other places we always get them to go to Canoe with us,it's just a great place.

User Info Menu

Looks like the new board won't attach excel spreadsheets. Too bad. It was previously posted on the old board which DID use excel as attachments. Try searching there for it there. It is missing some noteables like DeBar and Sharks , Teddy's Hideaway and a few others. Also a few are no longer in business or have had a name change. Most of it is current though so very useable. All directions are from the perspective of Rooms on the Beach. If you guys can't locate it. Let me know & I'll email it directly.