Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Beach Tales: diagnosis is grim!

User Info Menu

Beach Tales: diagnosis is grim!

Beach Tales: Day Three
    After consulting several local experts, there can be only one diagnosis for my condition.
    The dreaded sand gravity has taken hold and I can’t shake it!
    Spent the last 24 hours here at CLP, only leaving for walks on the beach.
    On the walk this morning, up past Beaches, they had a crew cleaning up the trash from the long Easter weekend. Some say they haven’t seen that many locals at the beach since COVID began.
    If you have any questions let me know. I usually walk south to Travellers and north past Beaches every morning.
    Grand Pineapple appears closed. Risky Business next to Merrill III looks abandoned, with a chainlink fence around it.
    HiLo hasn’t opened yet at the new Mall.
    Need a recommendation for dinner tonight.
    Just chillin,
    VVHT

User Info Menu

Re: Beach Tales: diagnosis is grim!

I too will be staying at CCLP in a month...I'm hoping with restrictions loosened things will pick up.
    Does Norman the "patty guy" still come around? Any roaming musicians on the beach?
    Another guy I want to see is the one who sells weed from his scooter.

User Info Menu

Travelers has pretty good food. Also Miss Lily's at Skylark. Coconut custard pie and coffee for dessert at Kuyaba is a must. If your sand gravity eases and you fancy a trip to the West End, LTU Cliff has been remodeled and does killer Napoli style pizza. If lobster season is open, try 3Dives for grilled lobster.

User Info Menu

weed scooter guy , now on foot. cops said can't do scooter is what he told me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    Travelers has pretty good food. Also Miss Lily's at Skylark. Coconut custard pie and coffee for dessert at Kuyaba is a must. If your sand gravity eases and you fancy a trip to the West End, LTU Cliff has been remodeled and does killer Napoli style pizza. If lobster season is open, try 3Dives for grilled lobster.
    Lobster season is closed April 1 - June 30
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    Lobster season is closed April 1 - June 30
    But the good news....conch season IS open. Coming from New England, I never spent $$$ on Caribbean lobster; IMO, not worth the price....on the other hand, conch is not something readily available up my way.....curry conch here we come!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcamp View Post
    I too will be staying at CCLP in a month...I'm hoping with restrictions loosened things will pick up.
    Does Norman the "patty guy" still come around? Any roaming musicians on the beach?
    Another guy I want to see is the one who sells weed from his scooter.
    Mcamp, saw Norman on Sunday, just a few musicians this week, there is a guy on an electric scooter, don’t know what he sells.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    Beach Tales: Day Three
    After consulting several local experts, there can be only one diagnosis for my condition.
    The dreaded sand gravity has taken hold and I can’t shake it!
    Spent the last 24 hours here at CLP, only leaving for walks on the beach.
    Just chillin,
    VVHT
    “we'll keep you coming back for more”, right?
    The force of the sand gravity is strong at CCLP! You can't have a bad day if you start off with a CCLP breakfast and a stroll on the beach. Enjoy! Please tell the usual suspects that they are dearly missed by the folks up north: Mr Gibson, Donovan, Night Life, Dave 'The Wave' Ellis, Michelle and Jayda-Lee, Mr Steve Dias, Naresh, and Denzel. Great people!

Ricky selling juice in the morning?

User Info Menu

Kold Ass Mofo,
    3 bottles from Ricky so far, OJ, Soursop and Mango.
    Missed him today.
    Mr. Gibson is the best!

User Info Menu

VVHT we stay next door at IA. Have been getting our juice for many years from Flex
    Don't know Ricky
    Was there in mid Jan and return May 19th

I miss the Ice Cream man .. he was not there in January
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]