Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Rondel Village beachfront room

User Info Menu

Rondel Village beachfront room

Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms at Rondel? Booked a week in Feb. Looking for some info/advice.
    Any info about staying there would be much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Here are some pics of the beachfront rooms that i have @ work (more @ home)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

User Info Menu

Hi there STS, we stayed in the very front upstairs room. Brilliant. Big bed, loverly views. Great balcony, BUT, not very comfortable balcony chairs, so you get a bit stiff and twitchy after an hour. But you'll love it. I'll put some pics up shortly.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

We have stayed at Rondel many times. Typically we stay on the garden side as they are more private and better for our group. In my opinion Rondel is a great hotel with a local flavor right in the middle of the beach. Will be there at the end of Feb and beginning of March as well. Everyting irie!

User Info Menu

Hi seekingthesun, Rondel is incredible, one of our favorites, we have stayed in the 1br beachfronts 3 different times and they are spectacular units.
    2 different times we got the ortanique (sp?) unit and to date after 14yrs and 20 some trips it ranks 1st or 2nd on our list. (Gatehouse Villas lower unit is close also, but for different reasons).
    Rondel pluses, (for us) Ortanique unit has view of ocean, wrap around porch is incredible, hammock on porch incredible, french doors to the 1 br villas are incredible, murphy bed in frontroom is nice touch, absolute topper was the back porch or "spanish courtyard" as they describe it. Small privacy fenced cement porch with nice sized hot tub (can fit 4 for sure) and emphasis on the hot bubbly part of hot tub. Incredible touch, very romantic.
    Rondel minuses (for 1br beachfront villas) they have become very pricey, even for return visitors, (at least for our taste after discovering some other gem hotels) and currently you might want to check their beach situation, could be downer for some, (my opinion only).
    Wish I could share our pic's but flood this year got our comp that they were stored on.

Hope this helps in your decision, all the best!!

Jamb & Bad (partners in crime)

User Info Menu

Name:  063.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  57.9 KB
    Name:  934.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  99.7 KB

We were up top.
    One of the best beachfront rooms in Negril.
    Rise early, treat everyday as though it's your last and your last day as it's your first.

User Info Menu

Name:  1036.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  97.3 KBName:  1037.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  97.9 KB

Sunset from THE room. Why go anywhere else.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! Looks awesome. I can't wait.