Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 days out! Help with "the list"

User Info Menu

10 days out! Help with "the list"

Heading back to Negril in 10 days! so excited. Its been too many years. So hoping everyone will help with a list of things not to forget. I seem to recall there was always a "list" on the old forum? Or am I making that up!
    Also any new stops that are a must? We don't plan on making any trips off of the beach or blvd. Cliffs one happy hour and evening.
    May 28-June 4th.
    Peace

User Info Menu

Re: 10 days out! Help with "the list"

Sunscreen, bug spray & lots of money. That with a few clothes are all you need. These days there’s very little you can’t find there if needed. Have a fantastic time!

User Info Menu

If you go to a grocery store, you will need to bring your own bags. A Yetti type cup for coffee or drinks, small paper plates for snacks, and anti itch cream for bug bites! If you are looking for a great happy hour, Cocolapalm has half off many drinks 5-7 Tuesday- Sunday.

User Info Menu

Negril has an o ld addage "bring half the clothes and twice the money". In my opinion that should be changed to "bring half the clothes and triple the money". Tings are going to cost

User Info Menu

Go light with the clothes. Wear the heavy stuff on the plane (light jacket, pants). Recycle bags for groceries etc.. Maybe a couple of containers for food you takeout. Essential oils like citronella, tea tree, lavender (great for bugs, burns and more!) I got stuck for 3 months Covid lockdown and had a week supply of clothing etc. Managed to get by just fine! Wish I never left!

User Info Menu

Definitely half the clothes. One time I brought a huge suitcase that was filled with clothes, only wore 2 outfits and my bathing suit. I never went off the hotel property and only went out to the hotel restaurant. Only got dressed to go to breakfast and dinner. You can always rinse things out.

User Info Menu

We pack camping silverware sets to eat our takeout meals. (Just don't pack them in a carry on!)
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

My 3 most important things I pack are 1) my Bubba cup, for my cold rum and cokes on the beach 2) a few foldable koozies to keep my red stripes cold at night at the restaurants and bars 3) Pedialyte crystal packets to take care of the 'slow mornings'...

User Info Menu

A few items I always make sure to bring:
    koozies
    electrical extension cord
    ziplocks to keep ice in the freezer
    I scan our passports and email that to an online email account just in case I lose ours and need data from the images to replace etc.

User Info Menu

what a great trip! One thing we did find that we needed more of are $1 and $5 bills. Nobody has change!
    I was glad we brought plug in air fresheners for the rooms.
    The beach needs visitors. Book that trip and go!
    Peace