Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Long time since I’ve posted mon

User Info Menu

Re: Long time since I’ve posted mon

Quite honestly the leather seat wasn't an issue for me. Peddling back uphill from Buff Bay to Green Hill was a challenge and more often than not I was off the saddle!!

User Info Menu

I check the forum the first time in several weeks and the first thing I see is a trip report from Flip. Good to see my fellow former Manayunker is back!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    I check the forum the first time in several weeks and the first thing I see is a trip report from Flip. Good to see my fellow former Manayunker is back!
    Hey! Likewise!

Actually have thanksgiving already booked. Getting back in the Jamaica swing of things, and it feels good!

User Info Menu

Hey Flip,
    I don't know how much you have traveled in Jamaica outside of Negril but you can easily put together some awesome bike trips in JA especially in the Eastern side of the island. Portland parish for example has beaches and mountains, waterfalls, rivers, towns and best of all the friendliest people you will ever meet!!

User Info Menu

Name:  Rasta Bike at the pool.JPG
Views: 2754
Size:  763.5 KB

At the pool of the old "Villas Negril" where Brimsley Hall was bartender. An awesome place to stay back in the day!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Hey Flip,
    I don't know how much you have traveled in Jamaica outside of Negril but you can easily put together some awesome bike trips in JA especially in the Eastern side of the island. Portland parish for example has beaches and mountains, waterfalls, rivers, towns and best of all the friendliest people you will ever meet!!

I have indeed been on that side of the island and am definitely looking to ride over there at some point.

There’s a road race from little London to MoBay in august that I’m trying to swing right now.

November we are flying into Kingston and doing 2 nights over there and then the rest in Negril. Hopefully catch a ride out to some good roads to ride.

User Info Menu

Hey Flip,
    Great to hear you will be over in Kingston in November and don't know how long you will be on the island but the B1 runs from Papine in Eastern Kingston up and over the Blue Mountains and down to Buff Bay on the North Coast. It passes by Strawberry Hill, The Newcastle JDF Camp, Holywell Park at Hardware Gap and then descends to the sea at Buff Bay, Portland Parish. This is some of the most beautiful scenery on the island through the coffee growing country narrow mountain roads. I highly recommend you take a look at this route. It will be well worth your time!!

Name:  i00677 (Small).JPG
Views: 2622
Size:  88.1 KBName:  i00429 (Small).JPG
Views: 2485
Size:  36.6 KBName:  i00489 (Small).JPG
Size:  61.7 KBName:  i00527 (Small).JPG
Views: 2525
Size:  65.7 KBName:  i00587 (Small).JPG
Views: 2216
Size:  67.1 KBName:  Buff Bay (Small).JPG
Views: 2328
Size:  47.6 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Hey Flip,
    Great to hear you will be over in Kingston in November and don't know how long you will be on the island but the B1 runs from Papine in Eastern Kingston up and over the Blue Mountains and down to Buff Bay on the North Coast. It passes by Strawberry Hill, The Newcastle JDF Camp, Holywell Park at Hardware Gap and then descends to the sea at Buff Bay, Portland Parish. This is some of the most beautiful scenery on the island through the coffee growing country narrow mountain roads. I highly recommend you take a look at this route. It will be well worth your time!!

Name:  i00677 (Small).JPG
Views: 2622
Size:  88.1 KBName:  i00429 (Small).JPG
Size:  36.6 KBName:  i00489 (Small).JPG
Size:  61.7 KBName:  i00527 (Small).JPG
Views: 2525
Size:  65.7 KBName:  i00587 (Small).JPG
Views: 2216
Size:  67.1 KBName:  Buff Bay (Small).JPG
Views: 2328
Size:  47.6 KB
    Wow! I definitely will!

User Info Menu

ENOUGH ALREADY!!! You guys are killing my 'Sand Gravity' vibe... LOL

(Great pics from both of you guys though)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flipadelphia26 View Post
    Day 3

Woke up and rode to Sav and back in under 2 hours. Was a good ride and felt refreshed.

We again went to Canoe for breakfast.

This day we ended up linking with Rob and getting all kinds of drunk at SunnySide.

Rob took off to take care of his many animals and we walked down to Drifters. Said hello to Luddy and checked out the music.

Afterwards we went across to Italian Cafe for dinner.

Coming off the beach we were undressed, but the dinner was very good.

Caught a ride home, and ended up falling asleep by 9:30.

Hey Flip
    Are you going to be in St Louis for the Gateway Cup?
    It would be nice to meet you.
    Tim