Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Long time since I’ve posted mon

User Info Menu

Long time since I’ve posted mon

But, I do Negril and Jamaica as well as my dear friend Rob a disservice by not doing so.

I just returned from the island, and it was a 2 year hiatus. I took a brand spanking new girlfriend with me and she LOVED it.

This thread will be my trip report. I just got home today, so will give more details later.

I do just want to thank everyone who made the trip amazing

Rob
    Connie
    Collette
    Godwin
    Susan
    Tina

Without all of you in my life over the last decade+ I wouldn’t be the person I am today and I wouldn’t have nearly as much fun. So thank you all from the bottom of my heart for being my friend. It means a lot and I wish I could do more to help you guys get back from Covid.

User Info Menu

Re: Long time since I’ve posted mon

Flip,

Looking forward to your Trip Report!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Flip... 💘

User Info Menu

Day 1:

My first vacation with my girlfriend Erin and her first trip to Jamaica. I’m always super stoked to bring a first timer down.

I am no longer living in the Philly area, I now live in Miami Beach, so the flight time is roughly an hour and fifteen mins. NOT BAD!!!!

We arrived on time and I had enough time to grab a red stripe before Godwin arrived to the airport. He explained to us that he had guests staying at Half-moon that needed a ride to the airport at 11, and asked if we minded if he dropped us at Scotchies for lunch. NO PROBLEM MON!

We grabbed some chicken and some stripes and enjoyed our meal. By the time we finished, Godwin was back and we were off.

We made a couple beer stops on the way, and took a tour of a house Godwin is involved with building. Then it was off to Home Sweet Home.

We got settled into our room, we were as far as I could tell, possibly the only people staying there. We had a great room right on the ocean, Erin was very impressed.

We ended up just bouncing around a bit and settle on Susan’s bar for happy hour. We called it an early night because we were tired travelers, and just tired from the last two years in general.

User Info Menu

Flip,
    Good stuff!
    More please!!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Yeah, It's great seeing Negril thru a newbie's eyes, I brought my GF, Corey, down for the first time in Nov and it was like waking your kids up for xmas! LOL

User Info Menu

Day 2.

I brought my bicycle down, so I got up around 6:30 and got a 33 mile ride in. I rode out to Orange Bay and back to Home Sweet home. With a bonus climb up Tank Hill I was a little hungover. So the pace was a bit slower than usual.

Got back to hotel. Jumped into the ocean, then got ready to walk to Canoe for breakfast.

Had a great meal, then headed down to the beach.

We hit
    Travellers
    Sunny Side
    Tony’s Hut
    Sun Beach
    Maybe another one. Memory is a bit fuzzy.
    We went to Connie’s new backyard experience for dinner though, and it was sensational. I highly recommend hitting Connie up via Facebook messenger and setting up a reservation!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice bike
    I have thought about riding in Jamaica but not sure how safe it is?
    What do you think is it worth it?
    We just finished 1st day of the horsey ride in Georgetown ky. 105 miles!